Chapter 10: Bat

"You would not believe how long the line is in that cafe

"You would not believe how long the line is in that cafe. You'd think they were giving it away for free." Theo laughed as he returned. "Is Maya up yet?" He put the coffee on the counter and the keys in the bowl.

"Was here a few minutes ago." I shrugged.

"He said what!?" We both jumped a little when we heard Maya's voice coming from her room.

"That did not sound good." I frowned.

"What did you do?" Theo looked at me reproachfully.

"Why me?" Something goes wrong and I'm immediately to blame?

"I should go check on her." He started to walk towards her room.

"Bad idea friend." I said more to myself.

I heard the door open as it hit the wall in Maya's room. Okay, she's pretty pissed.

"Maya what the hell are you doing?" Theo said. "Put that down."

Before I could ask what it was about. Maya walked past me to the door with a baseball bat in her hand.

Oh this will be fun.

"Maya stop." Theo stopped her before she opened the door. He stood in the doorway, blocking her way.

"Get out of my way." She said harshly.

"What do you want to do with it?" He pointed to the bat, on her shoulder.

"Play baseball, what else? Now move."

"You don't have the ball for that. What do you really want to hit with that?"

"Car or person, now move Theo, I won't ask again."

"You should let her go." I joined their conversation.

"Really? You have to support her right now?" He frowned at me. "And you," he looked at Maya, "do you realize that if you break something with it, you'll end up at the police."

"It wouldn't be the first time."

"God Maya." He grabbed his head. "Why do you want to kill someone? What happened?"

"I'm not in the mood for a conversation."

"Is that because of the Alex guy?" I asked curiously.

"Alex? Who is Alex?" He kept looking between me and his sister. "Your date? Did he do something?"

"Not my date." She said a little disgusted. "He hurt Julie, that's what happened. Now let me through." She tried to go around him, but Theo stood like a rock. It's useless to mess with him. Unless he wants to, he won't move. Maya doesn't stand a chance.

"But that doesn't mean you have to go smash his head right away." Theo knows his sister less than I thought.

It's obvious that she and Julie are closer than twins. I'm surprised Maya didn't just pull a gun on him.