Chapter 28: Plane

I guess I didn't really think it through

I guess I didn't really think it through. No, I certainly didn't think it through.

But what was I supposed to do when she was ready to walk home?

I couldn't let her go. I didn't want to.

"So." I breathed heavily once we were airborne. "Briefly..."

“Oh, no, no, no." She interrupted me. "We have over two hours of flight ahead of us. Don't miss anything or trust me I'll be off this plane before we land in Seattle." Suddenly, she's not sexy anymore when she's angry. This is a different type of anger.

"All right." I swallowed hard. "Any preferences on where to start?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Try from the beginning." She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back on the seat across from me.

“I was born on the twenty-second…” I stopped when I saw her murderous look. So no humor, got it. “Okay, no jokes, sorry.

"I'm glad you get it."

I exhaled heavily, not knowing if it was a good idea to go as far into the past as I was going. "I grew up in Queens with my siblings, Killian, Kai, Finn, and Val. Our mother left a few years after Val was born. I told you a few things about our father, you can guess the rest. He left, though not willingly, when I was about fifteen."

It was only now that I realized how long it had been since our time in Queens.

"Killian is the oldest of us and he took care of us. He got involved with bad people or good people, depending on your perspective. While he was slowly rising to the top in New York, we moved to San Francisco where I met Theo." I smiled at the memories. The good old days. "Once Killian stopped by, Theo and I accidentally got into something not nice. Even after it was resolved, Killian thought it would be a good idea for Theo to come with us if he wanted to. He saw potential in him."

I didn't want to worry Maya unnecessarily that her brother was hoping we'd ask him because he wanted out.

"We left, you know that." Since you've made it clear enough that Theo has left you alone. "And our family has slowly become one of the main ones in New York. Have I bored you yet?" I raised an eyebrow, hoping so.

"Keep talking." She said without any emotion.

"Okay...we killed people, smuggled drugs and weapons, and the rest of what I told you before. In time, as expected, different people started coming after us. Dangerous people." I elaborated, though I'm sure she gets it. "Killian's men once mistook a woman for someone they were looking for. Luckily for him, it was a woman who belonged to the white snakes. I guess you want me to explain what that is, don't you?"

“If you would be so nice." She faked a smile.

"Women, trained to kill from a young age. Nyx is also one of them. And Eris, the woman we accidentally kidnapped, is also a white snake. I mean, she was. She ran away. That's a longer story than two hours." I exhaled. "Long story short, Killian hired her to find whoever is sending people after us. While she was doing that, my little brother fell in love and lost his head, or rather his heart. A year ago, when Killian and Lyssa..."