Chapter 34: Painting 🔥

Do you know the reason why you should sleep at night? So that you don't think about stupid ideas

Someone should've told me that at three in the morning when I was ordering wall paint to properly cover the red sign in my room.

As a temporary solution, I had pasted drawings over it, but that didn't change anything, since I knew what was under them.

I put on an old t-shirt and denim suspenders after the paint arrived at eight o'clock and started covering the floor by the wall and tearing down the drawings.

As soon as I had everything ready and stepped away from the wall, I wanted to lie down and sleep. But it's probably too late for that.

I opened the window wide and left the door closed so that the smell of fresh paint would not enter the apartment unnecessarily.

I prepared a roller and poured black paint into the container. Am I going to have just one black wall in my room? Yes, but I'm sure it will be aesthetic when I stick posters and whatever else I can get my hands, on it.

The moment I wet the roller, I heard a knock on the door. Are you kidding me?

I let out a frustrated breath and straightened up. I went to the door and opened it.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Acker with a bouquet of red roses and a smile on his face.

I frowned. "What is it?" I nodded my head at the bouquet.

We haven't exactly talked since yesterday. I'm not mad at him anymore though. All the anger and frustration disappeared at work and after a few cigarettes.

I was already tired in the evening, so I didn't even try to have a conversation. And I didn't see him this morning, I guess I know why now.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said." He moved the bouquet towards me for me to take.

I grabbed the roses with a narrow smile on my face. Not that I don't like flowers, but I'd rather be if it was...

Before I could finish the thought, Acker picked something else up from behind, his smile even bigger. "Better?"

My gaze fell on the pack of beers and I couldn't help but smile. He's reading my mind, I'm sure of it.

"You are forgiven." I put the bouquet back in his hand and took the beer. I walked over to the table behind me and placed it on it. I chose one and opened it.

"Are you painting?" He walked further into the room and looked at the wall, his expression changing to one of understanding. "Do you need help?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Do you know how to paint a wall?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"It can't be that hard, can it?" He shrugged and bent to the ground for a second, clean paint roller. "You going to join me?" He looked behind him to see me.