1.11 Fight

⚠️⚠️tw: hate crime violence⚠️⚠️

"Cally?" I knocked on the door of the Medbay. "Leah sent me."

I heard Cally cover up her sniffles, "Come in."

"How're you feeling?" I asked after entering.

"Alby is stable, he'll wake up in a few days..." She was sitting at his bedside, reading a book.

I sighed. "That's great, but I asked about you, not Alby."

"Oh- um." She stammered, closing Of Mice and Men. "I'm holding it together, I guess."

I smiled sadly and sat next to her. "You know you don't have to."

She nodded, tears reentering her eyes, "I know. But I feel... less broken this way."

I nodded as well. "I understand." And it was the truth. Grief worked in weird ways and it was a different process for everyone. I lost Nick, but so did everyone else in the Glade, he meant a lot to everyone.

For Cally... Ben was her person. I didn't know if she'd find another like him, I wasn't sure she wanted to.

"Are you okay? Jack spilled to me you were drinking a lot last night..." She held her hands together, anxiously playing with the silver rings on her fingers.

I shook my head in disbelief, "Dammit Jack. Yeah, I had a rough two days. I think... I think it's better now though."

"This have to do with Newt being an ass?"

I smiled sadly, "Maybe?"

She sighed, "He loves you a lot, the stress of being a leader hit him hard. Did you guys make up?"

I shrugged and tried to hide my smile as I remembered the kiss a few hours ago. "Something like that."

She rolled her eyes, "You are insufferable, little brother."

Little brother was a common tease from Cally but today it struck a cord in me that sent a cold chill down my spine.

Cally notices, "What?"

I took a deep breath, "Have you ever gotten dreams... about before the Glade? Dreams that felt like memories?"

She sucked on her teeth, "Rarely... but yes. Did you see something?"

I nodded, "It was before WICKED... I was with an older boy, but he looked like me. He called me his brother. WICKED found us and took him..."

Cally's eyes went wide and her face paled, "Shit, Felix. I'm sorry... Do you think it was real?"

I shook my head, "I don't... I don't know, Cal. But it was definitely familiar."

"I understand..."

"I think..  WICKED has my brother."

Cally opened her mouth to say more, but was interrupted by a loud alarm.

BLANG BLANG BLANG

"That's the Greenie alarm-" I said.

Cally was already up and moving, "Let's go."

Cally and I weren't the only ones in a frenzy, Gladers were racing from as far as the Slammer, Newt included.

"What's going on?" He asked Cally and I since we had reached the Box first.

"It's the Greenie alarm but-"

"We just got one. What the shuck is going on?!"

With an ear-peircing screech, the Box stopper. Gladers pulled the doors open and inside was the usual crates and canvas bags, but there was an unconscious girl too.