2.2 Start

"Felix..." A voice whispered to me. One I didn't recognize.

I looked up to see my brother leaning over me. I wasn't next to Newt anymore, in fact I was somewhere new entirely.

Another damn dream.

"You're dead, Calum." The first words slip out of my mouth without second thought.

He smiled sadly, knowing, "I know. I came to warn you."

"Warn me about what?" I sat up.

"The trials aren't over yet, kid."

My eyes widened, "What trials?!"

"The Maze was a trial... the Scorch is another... I wish I could tell you more." He rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Why can't you?"

He sighed, but didn't answer me. "Newt means a lot to you, hold him close while you can, kid."

"What do you mean!" I yelled at him, I wouldn't let anything happen to Newt.

"Nothing lasts forever, and nothing stays the same..." He quoted something that rang in my ears with familiarity. But I was pissed at myself for not recognizing it.

"What's that from?"

He smiled... again. "Its a song. I'll show you sometime."

Now I was more confused than ever, "How? You're dead!"

He continued to grin, "WICKED is a liar. I'll see you soon, little brother."

And with that bombshell I was left in the dark again.

***

I woke up next to Newt in a gasp. I looked around rapidly, something was very wrong.

I looked at Newt, he was still snoring peacefully.

Oh... that's right... Calum warned me I might lose him.

That's what was wrong.

I shifted in the bed and pulled his body closer. He was sleeping really heavily this time.

I rested his head on my chest and watched his back rise and fall with breaths. It was the most soothing thing I would ever experience.

He smacked his lips together and moved and I froze in fear, thinking I had woken him up. But he just wrapped him arms around me tighter, like a child and it's plushie.

The sight made me want to cry, he loved me so much.

I ran my hands through his hair repeatedly, savoring the moment before we had to face whatever came next.

I hummed a tune, something familiar.

"Torn in two...And I know I shouldn't tell you." Newt shifted and I stopped afraid I'd woken him. I would be completely mortified if any on ne but Newt's unconcious heard my horrendous singing.

But the golden boy only continued to snore.

"But I just can't stop thinking of you... Wherever you are, Wherever you are," I continued to sing.

I rubbed Newt's back as he shifted again, "Every night I almost call you, just to say it always will be you... Wherever you are."