2.1 You

"Felix... baby wake up." Someone rubbed my shoulder, Newt.

I rubbed my eyes and looked up, "Hmm?"

He smiled and kissed me lightly. "They say we're here."

I sat up and wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth. Newt and I were sitting on the left side of a large military style helicopter.

We had been saved by an undisclosed group. We should've been more cautious in hindsight, but they had rescued us from the Maze. And at the time, that was all that mattered.

Newt helped me stand, taking my hand and led me towards the door.

"This way." The soldier in black nodded his head towards the building. I could help but notice he was heavily armed with an assault rifle...

Newt held my hand and we followed his gaze to the door ahead of us. Inside, the room resembled a school cafeteria with tables and chairs. On the right wall there were multiple doors.

"Where are we?" I asked the soldier that walked in after us.

"A safe house. Now eat." He nudged his gun in the direction of a table in the middle of the room.

There was boxes upon boxes of pizza and the Gladers had already dug in.

"Oh god..." my mouth watered at the sight and I practically floated to the pizza.

I grabbed a slice of classic cheese pizza and moaned when I bit into it. I could hear Newt laughing at me but I didn't care.

The pizza was greasy and savory and was like nothing we had ever eaten in the Glade. This pizza was heavenly.

I scarfed the first piece down in under a minute. I sat down, Newt at my side, and reached for another. Thomas sat down across from us and helped himself to a piece as well.

"We should discuss the next step," Thomas brought up. "Surely they can't hold us here forever..."

Newt sighed, taking a sip of water from a plastic bottle. "These guys don't like to talk much..."

"We won't get anything from them," I said between chews.

Minho sat on my other side, "Then we keep our guard up, yeah?" We nodded in agreement.

"We don't know how long we're gonna be here..." Thomas started.

"And," Newt added. "They're probably keeping tabs on us. Hidden microphones and cameras and stuff."

"Means we have to lay low," Leah interjected and sat down next to Minho.

Behind her was Cally who had listened to our conversation as well. "If we can find the cameras and shit, show them to me. I'll see what I can do."

Minho took a slice from the box, "Good that."

"We should keep everyone in groups," Thomas added. "We can't leave anyone alone and vulnerable."

"I can keep an eye out," Leah volunteered.

"Good, we all will," Newt determined.

"They're watching us," I muttered through gritted teeth. I couldn't help but notice the two soldiers behind Thomas that kept looking at our table.

Newt nodded, he noticed it too, "Okay, no more congregating like this. All of us together... they're gonna figure it out."

"Figure what out?" Leah joked, smirking.

Leah's smile was contagious as I grinned too.

Newt laughed, "Exactly."

"And break!" Minho slammed his hand on the table and chuckled. It was the first time in a long time I had seen all of us happy...