2.10 Together

Newt dragged me by my arm, forcing me to run with him.

I ran as fast as I could. And I couldn't look back, I couldn't look back.

If I did, I'd stop.

And if I stopped, I'd die.

Hiro.

Run, just keep running. I screamed at myself.

Hiro...

I fucking hated that mountain.

Run. Follow Newt. Just run.

Did we really leave Thomas?

Why did my chest hurt? And my legs... they felt like gelatin.

Was this real?

Cally.

Cally betrayed us.

Newt was right.

Cally betrayed us.

Cally betrayed us...

I burst into tears, but I didn't dare let them stop me. Just follow Newt. Run and follow Newt.

I have to live.

***

It felt like it took forever to reach Jorge's hideout. There was a cramp in my calf and a side stitch in my stomach.

"Frypan!" Newt called out for our friends as soon as we opened the door.

He jumped from his hammock, we had woken him up. "The shuck are you hollerin' for?"

I failed to fight back my tears, "Hiro, they killed-"

Newt grasped my hand tightly, "We're in danger and they're on their way."

Minho groaned from his bed, but this time he woke up. He looked much better than the last time I had seen him.

"Minho!" Leah pushed through the back of the crowd and tackled Minho with a hug.

"Oh my god, oh my god-" Minho started to sob into Leah's arms.

Rin stood up, "Okay this is great," They gestured to the romantic reunion. "But you said danger?"

Leah backed up, wiping her cheeks. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry. Um... we need to leave... now."

"Where are we gonna go?" Minho's voice was hoarse from sobbing.

A door to the left of him creaked open, revealing Jorge, Brenda, and... Cally...

Leah immediately jumped out of Minho's arms and threw herself at Jorge.

"You monster!" She screamed, "You killed her! You killed her! She's gone!"

She was sitting on his chest and throwing punches but none of them stuck in a way that would matter.

And Jorge just took it.

"Leah, Leah..." Minho was trying to coax her off of him.

She was sobbing so hard she had to gasp for breath. "He killed Hiro-"

"I know, baby. Come here..." Minho picked her up and held her to his chest, where she wailed so hard... so hard.