}•{ Dangerous feelings

~•} C H A P T E R|40{•~

Ishani and Vardhaan looked at each other and then at the direction Gayatri went followed by Bhavna

"Your mother is going to add ghee to the fire!" Ishani glared at him making him huff out in annoyance,

"Who told you to mutter out those incoherent words?"

Ishani gaped at him as if he had done a crime uttering those words.

This was the man siding with her earlier.

"You-" She started but Vardhaan royally ignored her walking ahead to Gayatri's room feeling too bored with all things that suddenly happened to leave Ishani to dwell on her already tangled thoughts.

I have not said more than necessary.

She was being a bitch by pointing out a finger at me when it was the son she produced trying to act all cozy with me.

She straightened her shoulders and started trailing behind Vardhaan.

The only reason for her worry was her grandmother-in-law she spent hefty time pleasing but why dwell on something that's already done?

Ishani being typical Ishani as she rolled her eyes in annoyance trolling herself in between for coming up with such a stupid idea to please a Rathore woman.

Duh, all the Rathores are so stupid.

Especially women.

Including me.

She strolled right into the room and noticed everyone's attention snap towards her as the atmosphere grew tense due to the way Gayatri was glaring at her and Vardhaan.

"Ishani I didn't expect this kind of insolent behavior from you toward your mother-in-law! How dare you speak to her in that tone? She's bigger in age and relation and I don't think there was anything wrong in whatever she said." Gayatri reprimanded, her tone curt and strict as Bhavna sniffed dramatically.

Dramatic woman!

She and Vardhaan thought together.

"And Vardhaan you, I didn't expect you to be the kind of man to be your wife's puppet after marriage! I expected better from you! You should've shown your wife her place when she decided to speak to your mother this way!" Gayatri's anger turned toward Vardhaan making Ishani heave a sigh of relief.

Vardhaan stared at Gayatri and Gayatri stared at Vardhaan. No one is ready to back out.

The atmosphere was getting tense second by second and Ishani could feel it.

All of a sudden a hand wrapped around her waist startling her as she looked at Vardhaan in shock who was still looking at Gayatri.

His hand held her stomach and he let out the words Ishani dreaded,