Yuma / Spider on the Wall [Original Song 2022 ver.]

The farmers in the small town of Yuma were always on edge. They knew that there was a spider on the wall; someone or something always watching them. It was rumored that the spider had killed someone in the past and that it would kill again.

No one knew how to get rid of the spider, but they all felt safe knowing it was there, watching them. One night, as dusk began to fall, a body was discovered hanging from the wall near the center of town. The police swarmed the area and began their investigation. They found footprints leading up to where the body had been hung and they assumed that it was the work of the spider on the wall.

My mother always said that if there was one thing she could take to the grave, it would be her reputation. I always believed her, until high school. That's when the rumors started. It seems that my classmates and friends thought it was hilarious to say things behind my back, like how they'd heard I'd taken up drinking in order to cover up the fact that I was a total geek. They called me In through the vents making not a sound With presence spider on the wall.

Two years later, and their memes are still going strong. But no matter what they say or how often they bring it up, I know who really matters to me- and that's myself.

What I put for this one:

Found on March 15th
Transparency, this isn't me
Left out boundaries
Vicinity, this isn't me

I don't look like the others. Nor do I feel like the others. For that reason, I constantly feel out of place.

I was born with a disability - I'm blind in one eye and have low vision in both eyes. Despite this, my parents raised me to believe that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. This has led me to be highly determined and focused in my pursuits, no matter the challenge.

Despite my best efforts, I continuously feel like an outsider. Even on campus where everyone is supposedly united by shared interests and common goals, I am still alone. It's hard enough trying to make friends when you're forced to focus on what separates you from your peers; it's even harder when those differences make socializing difficult or impossible altogether.

Thankfully, recent events have shown me that there are plenty of people out there who appreciate different perspectives and believe in giving everyone a chance. No longer do I feel alone; I now know that there are people just like me waiting for someone to show them a little bit of compassion and understanding.