Gone Fishing

First Line:

The Fishing Trip

I love to fish, I think it's fun! I think I love to fish because I think it's fun! That's what I always tell my dad when he asks me why I want to go fishing with him. He says fishing is boring and tedious, but I don't agree. Fishing is exciting and relaxing, and you never know what you might catch!

One day, we went fishing at the lake near our house. We brought our fishing rods, some worms, and a picnic basket. We found a nice spot under a shady tree and set up our chairs. Dad cast his line into the water and waited patiently. I cast mine too, but I didn't wait. I kept reeling it in and out, hoping to attract some fish.

"Son, you have to be more patient," Dad said. "You can't catch any fish if you keep moving your line like that. You have to let it sink and wait for a bite."

"But Dad, that's so boring!" I said. "I want to see the fish! I want to feel them tug on my line! I want to reel them in and hold them in my hands!"

"Trust me, son, fishing is more fun when you're patient," Dad said. "You have to enjoy the process, not just the result. Fishing is not only about catching fish, it's also about spending time with nature, listening to the birds, feeling the breeze, watching the water ripple. It's a way of relaxing and forgetting your worries."

I didn't understand what he meant. How could sitting still and doing nothing be relaxing? How could watching water be fun? I wanted action and adventure! I wanted to catch the biggest fish in the lake!

I ignored Dad's advice and continued to reel my line in and out. After a while, I felt a strong tug on my line. I was so excited! I had caught a fish!

"Look, Dad, look!" I shouted. "I caught a fish! I caught a fish!"

I started to reel it in as fast as I could. The fish was putting up a fight, but I was stronger. I pulled it closer and closer to the shore.

"Wow, son, that's a big one!" Dad said. "You did a great job!"

I was so proud of myself. I had proved Dad wrong. Fishing was fun when you moved your line!

I finally got the fish out of the water and onto the ground. It was huge! It was bigger than my arm! It had shiny scales, sharp teeth, and a long tail.

"Wow, son, that's amazing!" Dad said. "That's not just any fish, that's a pike! A pike is a very rare and valuable fish. You're very lucky to catch one!"

He came over to help me unhook the fish from my line. He held it up for me to see.

"Look at this beauty!" he said. "This is the biggest pike I've ever seen! You should be very proud of yourself

Second line:

The Perfect Match

There's lots of fish for you to catch! I think fishing and I are just a perfect match! That's what I always tell my mom when she asks me why I want to go fishing with her. She says fishing is fun and relaxing, but I don't agree. Fishing is boring and stressful, and you never know what you might catch!

One day, we went fishing at the river near our house. We brought our fishing rods, some bread, and a cooler. We found a nice spot on a bridge and set up our lines. Mom cast her line into the water and waited patiently. I cast mine too, but I didn't wait. I kept checking my phone, hoping to get some messages.

"Sweetie, you have to be more attentive," Mom said. "You can't catch any fish if you keep looking at your phone like that. You have to watch your line and wait for a bite."

"But Mom, that's so boring!" I said. "I don't want to watch the water! I want to see my friends! I want to chat with them and send them selfies! I want to be social and popular!"

"Trust me, sweetie, fishing is more fun when you're attentive," Mom said. "You have to enjoy the moment, not just the outcome. Fishing is not only about catching fish, it's also about spending time with your family, listening to the river, feeling the sun, watching the fish swim. It's a way of connecting and appreciating nature."

I didn't understand what she meant. How could sitting still and doing nothing be connecting? How could watching fish be fun? I wanted action and adventure! I wanted to catch the coolest fish in the river!

I ignored Mom's advice and continued to check my phone. After a while, I felt a strong tug on my line. I was so surprised! I had caught a fish!

"Look, Mom, look!" I shouted. "I caught a fish! I caught a fish!"

I started to reel it in as fast as I could. The fish was putting up a fight, but I was stronger. I pulled it closer and closer to the bridge.

"Wow, sweetie, that's a big one!" Mom said. "You did a great job!"

I was so proud of myself. I had proved Mom wrong. Fishing was fun when you looked at your phone!

I finally got the fish out of the water and onto the bridge. It was huge! It was bigger than my leg! It had colorful scales, long whiskers, and a round mouth.

"Wow, sweetie, that's amazing!" Mom said. "That's not just any fish, that's a catfish! (*carp) A catfish (*carp) is a very rare and tasty fish. You're very lucky to catch one!"

She came over to help me unhook the fish from my line. She held it up for me to see.

"Look at this beauty!" she said. "This is the biggest catfish I've ever seen! You should be very proud of yourself!"

I smiled from ear to ear. I was proud of myself. I had caught the coolest fish in the river!

"Can we keep it?" I asked.

"Of course we can," Mom said. "We can take it home and cook it for dinner. It will be delicious!"

"Yay!" I said.

We put the catfish in our cooler and packed up our things. We headed back to our car, happy and satisfied.

"I love fishing!" I said.

"I love fishing too," Mom said.

We hugged each other and drove home.

The end.