The SAO Everbody Wants

The year is 2022.

When you look at that number, I'd imagine flying cars... Or spaceships.

Well, turns out that's not exactly what we're living with.

Instead, humanity has found a way to virtually simulate the consciousness of the human brain. Ultimately creating a virtual world that anyone can fully dive into.

Sword Art Online or commonly known as SAO is a full-dive VRMMORPG developed by Kayaba Akihiko. He is also the inventor of the second generation of the FullDive device, the NerveGear.

And... Is that enough world-building for you?

I realize these kinds of stories destroyed their world-building completely due to the fact they switched worlds many times, but seriously... Dimensional Group Chat stories are just like that.

(A/N: Oi!)

*Cough* *Cough*

Alright, let's do this one last time.

My name is Okamura Akihito.

I was crushed and murdered by the all-mighty Isekai plot device, Truck-sama.

And I'm pretty sure you know the rest.

"Nii-sama~! Wake up!" That is my little sister in this life.

In this life, our parents passed away when I was still in middle school. My little sister, Hiromi, was still in elementary school back then.

I worked so hard on part-time jobs before ultimately investing everything in Kayaba Akihiko's company, Argus.

And let's say I managed to survive with other things I did in the past.

One day I just woke up from my sleep, with a brand new memory of a former lazy CEO of a company who was one hit KO'd by a delivery truck on his way home.

But again, I realized what this world was upon hearing the news of the project NerveGear and the guy named Kayaba Akihiko.

Sword Art Online.

There's no way I won't know what that is.

Being an Otaku in my previous life, was something I frequently cursed at since it hindered my work as a businessman.

But still, I had to understand it deeply so I could play and became close to my cute niece.

No, I don't specifically watch, read, and become an Otaku just to have a conversation with my cute shut-in niece, but it can't be helped now, can it?

Oh well...

"Nii-sama!"

Ah... Right.

"I'm coming down!"

I better come down.

.
.
.

Currently, I am having breakfast with my little sister.

Let me tell you something about how this world progressed until now.

Simply put, we're almost in episode one.

Yes, Sword Art Online's server is officially launched today.

I played the beta version, but since I know what'll happen with the whole "10k players were forced to play Tron" I won't be joining the official launch.

I even stopped my little sister from playing the game, saying it was not for children.

Oh well, I know she bought the NerveGear and a copy of the game too in secret.