Solo Leveling (2)

--- Sung Jin Woo's POV---

"Haa, Haa..."

I panted on the floor.

My eyes are shut closed, yet pieces of information still came into my head.

Like... My surroundings, my powers, and even the slightest sound of bugs from the next room.

In the first place, I didn't need these new eyes' ability to sense my surroundings... The "Universal Affinity" I bought from the admin was enough for me to see a 360° view.

But these eyes are on a whole another level.

It wasn't tamed enough.

That's right, the skill is not even a passive skill, but I can't seem to turn it off.

There are still so many things I can learn just being opening an eye out to see the world.

That's when I saw it...

[Attachment: (Item) Nihility blindfold]

[Administrator Y: it'll be worth it in the long run, so keep fighting~~🎶]

That admin can actually be an asshole sometimes...

Took out an item from the chat group, it was a blindfold.

When I shut my eyes with them, I can finally tune these acceleration processes down.

Oh! I can activate it on my own free will now.

There's also no time lag...

With this... I've realized a few things about my powers.

The ability to bind a soul to mine, and preserve it into my soul.

The abilities of shadow Monarch, I have fully grasped how it's done now.

With the help of these eyes, I may be able to cut energy consumption by half, not only that... My MP stat was changed into "EP" the moment I bought "Universal Affinity, and the EP itself has become even larger more than ever.

Hunting has never been so easy before then.

And I keep on getting stronger.

And now, I figured out how to become even stronger.

"Great Sage..." The skill Rimuru mentioned so much, the admin gave it to me like it's nothing.

A skill that can learn, a support that I need to execute parallel thoughts and choose the best options while fighting.

This... Could be too much overpowered.

*Ding*

[Would you like to open the skill core, 『Great Sage』?]

... Yes.

«Report...»

!??

«The skill has adapted to the parasitical skill... Artificial voice can be produced, and communicating with the user is now possible.»

The sound of a robotic woman...

«Report: Evolution is possible to gain new skills and strengthen the body.»

«Inquiry: Would you like to execute? Y/N»

... Evolution? What... Like a monster?

Even if I become stronger... I'd like to still be human.

«Report: User's wishes are highly possible»

Impossible! My Rikugan has given me the ability to understand this conversation. For me to evolve... How is that---

«Solution: proceeding evolution path does not stray away from the human race. »

There's something like this...

...

...

Alright.

Do it.

«Report: Double Evolution has begun. Skipping the first evolution phase is possible.»

«Evolution from Majin to Sennin to Seijin... Successful.»

«Spiritual body manipulation is now possible to a certain extent.»

«Report: Gluttonous Swordsman, Swordman's Greed, and Rikugan have been sacrificed, and are integrated into Great Sage's skill core.»

«Ultimate skill,『Sinful lord Samael』has been acquired.»

.
.
.

I don't need the blindfold anymore.

Great Sage was able to regulate the amount of information and energy proficiently. The Rikugan that exhaust my brain is now very tamed.

I suspected my personality would even change if I were to use it for a prolonged time. Which is why having Great Sage was satisfactory.

Whenever great sage told me something, I would understand without needing repetition.

Samael, ruler of seventh heaven. He is an angel responsible for taking away souls. So this means, he evaluates good and evil. This makes Samael an archangel who gives justice to both the angels and devils.

If you believe angels are always good, it is actually not. Because angels begot sons from human women which was a greater sin in the eyes of God.

This means Samael also acts as the devil's advocate at times in order to prevail justice. The sinners are caught easily by Samael and hence they are sentenced to hell.

And that's why people presume that he is a devil, while he is actually not. Because Samael brings sorrow, losses, defame, and shame based upon one's attitude and activities.

Thus, the name "Sinful"... Being called a demon when you're not. A certain blonde knucklehead ninja can relate to that.

(A/N: Hey!)

But...

This is just the beginning...

I can grow even stronger.

All these future troubles...

I can face them without fear.

.
.
.

To be continued.