Chapter 8 - The dark figure

After discovering the devastating truth about Bob, I felt completely alone and desperate. I had spent so much time talking to him, sharing my fears and hopes, and now I felt like it had all been for nothing. How could I have been so foolish as to not realize that Bob was dead? How could I have allowed myself to cling to an illusion for so long? I sat on the beach, with my head in my hands, wondering what to do next. Should I keep searching for a way off the island, or was it better to give up and accept that I would be there forever? As I was thinking, I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and saw a dark, amorphous figure approaching slowly towards me. I shouted and tried to run, but I couldn't move. The figure stopped a few meters away and turned into a man. The man standing in front of me was tall and thin, with dark hair and sharp features. He wore old hunting clothes and had a backpack on his back. He looked at me with piercing eyes and spoke in a grave and authoritative voice. "Who are you?", I asked, trying not to show my fear. "I am the only inhabitant of this island". The man looked at me with contempt and smiled malevolently. "Yes, yes, you and I are the only inhabitants of this island. And if you want to keep living, you'll do what I say". I felt a shiver run down my spine and knew I had to run. I tried to get up, but the man grabbed my arm and pushed me back to the ground. "You're not going anywhere," he said with a smile. "You're mine". I kept trying to fight, but the man was stronger and had me immobilized. Finally, with a desperate effort, I managed to break free and run away. I didn't look back until I was several kilometers away from the abandoned cabin and the wicked man I had found there.