Chapter 16 - The encounter with the spirit

The spirit approached me slowly, with a malevolent smile on its face. I could not move, I felt as if my muscles had frozen. I felt completely vulnerable and terrified, not knowing how to defend myself from that supernatural creature. But then, I saw the spirit begin to fade and emit a guttural moan. I realized that the ritual was working, that the spirit was being sent back to the other side. I felt a little more confident and began to perform the ritual with more force, feeling that I had a chance to put an end to that evil creature. Suddenly, the spirit vanished completely, and the room was filled with a blinding light. I passed out from exhaustion and when I awoke, I found myself back in the hut, not knowing how I had gotten there. I felt exhausted and shocked, but at the same time, relieved to have survived that encounter. I didn't know what was going to happen next, but at least I had managed to defeat the spirit and save other people from their fate.

I stood up slowly, I felt completely helpless and vulnerable, without any means to defend myself, I knew I had defeated that spirit but it appeared again in front of me with a form difficult to describe, I only know that it caused a lot of fear even so something inside me woke up and I started to fight. I don't know where I got the strength, but I started screaming and hitting the spirit with all my strength. I felt like I was fighting for my life, knowing that if I lost, it would all have been in vain. I don't know how long I fought, but I finally managed to defeat the spirit and send it back to the other side. I fell to the ground, exhausted and trembling again, feeling that I had been delivered from a terrible danger. I felt relieved and grateful at the same time, knowing that it had been a very close fight.