Chapter four

Trigger warning ⚠️ 

Trigger warning ⚠️ 

Noah's POV:

We left the bakery and headed to the company, which was 8 minutes away.

I can hear the unwrapping of the pastries from the back of the car.

''yummmmmm, these are SO good'' Rowan mumbled, which made Andrew laugh.

''Excuse her, sir; she doesn't like it when strangers tease her,'' Andrew said, trying to apologise to Daniel for what she did.

I liked how she defended herself; she is not weak, and I like that she didn't need someone to stand up for her. It is rare to find a girl like her these days.

''I just tried to make a conversion; I thought we could become friends or something''

''Do you make friends with a girl you just met without even knowing anything about her? Come on, man, it's so obvious you want to fuck her'' Rowan replied to Daniel's excuse.

Which I found silly.

''She was right,'' I said out of the blue, which made Rowan gasp.

''We will go in the afternoon to apologise to her.'' I state. Daniel disrespected her in front of everyone; if I had a sister and someone said something like that to her, they would probably be bruised six feet under.

''Noah, are you okay?'' Rowan asked.

I don't think I am. Why am I defending her? Why do I even care? Why don't I do the same when Daniel gets girls to spend the night with and just have the benefit of them?

''Of course I am; don't forget Andrew is her customer and looks like she cares about him, so don't put him in trouble with her''

I took a sip of the coffee she gave me.

It was heavenly good. The taste of coffee mixed with some flavours, and I couldn't figure out what they were.

Her fingers were so soft when I touched them while taking the coffee from her; her touch felt different and comforting, and I couldn't understand what was going on with me.

Andrew stopped the car in front of the company, and we got out. We walked towards the doors.

''Morning Don'' the security guards greeted, and I just nodded my head.

I entered the company, where everyone stood steady and greeted me. I went to the elevator and pressed 20, where my office is.

When the elevator's door opened, it revealed my office; the whole floor was my office.

Rowan and Daniel entered after me as I sat on the office chair.

''Morning Don'' Marie greeted me as she entered.

''Go ahead'' I replied shortly.

''There is a 6% increase in the stock, which will lead us to be able to make more deals with the Dominican mafia. The soldiers are continuously training, and they are ready to join any battle at any time.''

''Wow, man, good updates,'' Rowan said proudly.

''Nikolai?''

Nikolai is the Russian mafia heir, and yet he is 17. He messed up with me.

He stole 41 kg of drugs, and we still managed to get them back, but he messed up with the wrong person.

''We caught him yesterday in a nightclub, and the capos managed to get him''

''What about Italy?''

''Sebastian sent an email early this morning, and he said everything is under control.

''You can go'' I ordered.

''Don, Mr. Gabriel ordered me to remind you about the ball event''

''Leave'' I commanded, and she did so.

Marie is my assistant, and she works hard, but that doesn't hide the fact that she had sex with my father before my mother's death. The only reason I didn't fire her is that her uncle begged me for 5 hours continuously.

''Rowan and Daniel, go to Nikolai and do what is needed,'' I instructed.

''Yes, Don'' both of them left the office. Good thing about both of them that they became serious.

I spent the end of the day answering emails and trying to figure out who would be my partner in the ball event.

________________________

''Noah, can we apologise to Isabella tomorrow? I have to continue torturing Nikolai; we are too close to knowing what we want'' Daniel pleaded, and I accepted it.

It was getting late anyway; it was 9; she should have left long ago.

I gathered my things, took my suit jacket, and left the base.

''Don, where to?'' Andrew says while opening the car door for me.

''No Andrew I want to walk and have fresh air; it's been a thick day." i reply

''Alright, sir, I will be waiting for your call. I will come and take you after your walk.''

I left and started walking randomly.

After 15 minutes of walking, I was in front of a big sign: 'Golden Bakery'.

How did I end up here?

I was right; they are closed.

I got a deja vu moment when I looked at the door. I remember the curly redhead and

''AAAHHHHHH'' I heard a girl screaming, and without thinking, I started running towards the noise.

I saw a drunk street guy on top of an innocent girl; I couldn't see her features.

I held the guy by his collarbone and started punching him.

He started bleeding, but I didn't care; I could hear the girl sobbing, which grew my anger.

I took my pistol from my waistband and shot his leg so he wouldn't move, and I heard her scream.

I ran to the girl who had formed herself into a ball and continued sobbing.

Red hair.

Curls.

Sweater, denim.

And converse.

Fuck.

''It's alright'' I tried comforting Isabella. I am not good at expressing feelings or comforting people, but I tried.

She raised her head, and all I could see were tears. I didn't want to touch her, especially after what just happened.

I called Andrew and sent him my location so he would come, and I told him to come along with Rowan and Daniel.