Chapter ten

Isabella's POV:

Isabella's POV:

After Noah left the emergency room, I decided to tell the truth to the doctor. I mean, I do know why all this happened; lying is just useless. I've been thinking a lot since I woke up about whether or not to tell the doctor directly, but I decided to do so. Either way, she is going to find out.

"Umm, excuse me." I still couldn't feel like talking; my throat was sore and my head was pounding.

"Yes, dear," the doctor said. She was in her mid-40s, with blonde-grey hair; she wore glasses; and she looked sweet.

"I know why all this happened," I muttered as she looked at me. She looked at the ground and then nodded her head.

"Ragazze, potete per favore stare da sole," she said in Italian, and the nurses left the emergency room.

{Girls, can you please leave us alone?}

"Okay, would you like to share it with me?" She asked patiently and softly, and I was calmed down.

_____________________________________

"And that's why it happened," I finished, and she nodded her head.

"Okay, I understand, but we still need to make you do some tests so we can make sure everything is alright; besides, I need to rewrite your medications," she said.

"Okay, fine, but please, I don't want anyone to know about this, especially Noah." I said, I mean, he doesn't need to know I am only staying here for a couple of weeks, knowing this won't change anything. I am not sure if I am making the right decision, but I am following my heart.

"Is there something I need to know? I can't fake your reports, dear." She was trying to convince me to tell Noah everything and not to hide.

"I know, and I am not asking for that; I just don't want him to know; it's something I've been living with my whole life, with him knowing this won't change anything, but I prefer not to tell him, or at least at the moment, please try to understand me," I say, trying to sound pathetic.

"Fine, but promise me you will tell him soon." She said her last words with her index finger pointed at me; she sounded serious this time.

"Yeah, sure, I will. Thank you so much".

"Alright, now let's take you to do a blood test," she said while calling the nurses.

"Okay girls, take... um, what's your name, dear?" She asked.

"My name is Isabella," I said, trying to sound friendly.

"Okay girls, take Isabella to do a tumour marker test and show me the results instantly, please."

She sounded friendly; I wish mom was like her; I don't even know what mom looks like; and I don't even remember her name. My dad was everything to me; he played the two roles of being a father and mother, but still, it felt strange. I didn't talk about mom or ask much about her because I know my dad gets upset, and I won't care about someone who abandoned me; she left, and I don't care.