Chapter twenty seven

Isabella's POV:

Isabella's POV:

I am unable to sleep, and I am very concerned.

Hopefully, he wore his vest, because if he didn't, I was going to skin him alive.

I am standing in my room near the window, waiting for the cars to enter the gate. It is currently 2 a.m.

After a few minutes, I see the cars enter the gate. I leave my room and go to them; they leave the car, and I notice that all of them are safe and fine, which made me sigh in relief.

The boys were removing the equipment and returning it to their place.

I run, then jump on Noah and hug him. He wraps his hands around my waist and catches me.

"You made it back safe," I mumble through the hug.

"I promised you, didn't I?" I kissed his neck.

Wait what.

I kissed his neck.

That was an involuntary action.

God, what did I do?

I tried to act normal even though I felt my cheeks burning.

We pull, and he places me on the floor. I was able to feel the bullet-proof vest when I was hugging him, which made me feel proud of myself for convincing him.

"Thank you so much, Isabella; we are also fine." Rowan mocked me.

"I don't talk to body shamers." I turn my head away from him, remembering that he boob-shamed me earlier.

I turn back to Noah, who is staring at me. "I have a surprise for you," he says as I get excited.

"Really, what is it?" I say this with a huge grin on my face.

"Your best friend, whose name I don't know, is coming in a few days," he says, and I feel the blood rushing through my veins.

I was so happy. Finally, I will meet Ava again. "Thank you," I say calmly, and he nods. I didn't hug him. I know he is waiting for a hug from me. I want to see his reaction.

Noah's POV:

What the fuck was that? I was expecting a hug, at least. I raise an eyebrow, and she smirks.

Fuck that smirk.

"Is that it?" I asked her after I cleared my throat.

"What do you mean?" She seriously doesn't know what I am referring to.

"Come here." I find myself getting excited when she raises her arms.

I'm looking forward to a fucking hug.

Her arms wrap around my neck as I bend. I place my face in the crook of her neck and smell her.

She always managed to smell so fucking good.