Chapter sixteen

Isabella's POV:

Isabella's POV:

"Isabella, open the goddamn door." I hear Noah yell outside the office. I can't believe my eyes. He killed someone, took his rest, and ended his life. He didn't even care. I didn't see mercy in his eyes.

Thats not even why I am mad, the thing is.

that I found that hot.

"I fucking swear if you don't open the door, I will break in," he threatened me. How should I marry a murderer? I do know that he is a mafia boss and blah blah blah, but it is not that easy. I could be next; my life might end next; I am trying to enjoy my last months; and I don't want to get killed.

"Leave me alone," I yell back.

"Isabella, it's me, Andrew. Open the door. We need to talk." Andrew speaks from the other side of the door. I get close to the door, hesitating if I should open it or not, and I open it. Noah was leaning against the door, and Andrew was standing beside him.

"Can I talk to her alone, sir?" Andrew asks for permission, and I get frustrated that I wouldn't allow Noah inside anyway.

It's his office. shut up.

"Fine, but I don't have enough patience," he warns him. Andrew gets in.

"You are not allowed inside even if you want to," I say and slam the door. It was meant to piss him off, and it was a success. I let out an evil laugh internally and returned to sitting on the floor.

You are not allowing him inside the office; he owns the whole building. shut up

"Isabella" Andrew begins, "I just have something to tell you; don't interrupt me", He starts, sounding serious, and I nod.

"Noah isn't as devilish as he appears to be; I know what you saw today was something you never saw before, but don't judge him; he was forced to join this mafia; his dad threatened him; he doesn't have a soft spot; he won't kill people for his pleasure; he won't hurt you; you're getting married next Thursday, Isy; you need to trust him."

"Even if you spend only a couple of weeks with him, and for your knowledge to calm yourself, that guy who got killed rapped a 5-year-old girl, and she died from bleeding yesterday." His last sentence has grown angry inside me. I really feel bad for judging Noah now. I feel sad for the girl's family. What Andrew said made any sense to me; he didn't hurt me.

till now.

I give Andrew a kiss on the cheek and say, "Thanks, Andrew." I give him a warm smile, and he gets up and opens the door. I gather myself up, clear my eyes from tears, and walk to the door. I find Noah talking 'Screaming' through the phone.

"I will call you later," he states when his eyes lay on me, and I end the call. I forgave him already. What do I expect from a mafia boss anyway? At least he does have mercy, I guess, but let me humiliate him first.

"I will forgive you under one condition," I say, pointing my index finger at him. He gave me the 'Are you fucking serious look'.

"Andrew, please go get the car from the valet; I will get Ms. Isabella after knowing the 'one condition that she wants," he says sarcastically.

I just raise my left eyebrow at him, Andrew leaves, and we stand with a 2 cm gap between us. "One, you won't command me; two, I am not doing my hair or my makeup for the ball event; and three, let me call Ava."

"And what is four?"

"Teach me how to use guns."

He gets even closer, his brown eyes staring at mine. I held my breath, and I could smell his perfume, his woody, earthy scent; it was a strong scent, and I could smell him forever.

"One: That wasn't one condition; two: You need to listen to my instructions; otherwise, you will hurt yourself; three: I do agree on you not changing your hairstyle or putting on makeup; three: I will think about you calling Ava; four: NEVER, ever instruct me; I don't Fucking care if you forgive or not; you mean nothing to me."

ouch, that hurts.

"Five: No," he says, taking a step back, and I finally breathe. I don't know why I was holding my breath.

"What do you mean by 'NO'"?

"You won't need it; you are leaving after a couple of weeks, remember?" Who said I forgot?

"We will see," I say, crossing my arms confidently. I have plans in mind.

Noah, just wait and see.

____________________________________________________________

"Rowan, give me my cupcake; it is not fair that you have eaten six so far!" I heard Daniel state this while chasing after Rowan. I stood in front of Rowan, blocking his way so he wouldn't escape, and I got a fantastic idea.

"Rowan, give Daniel the cupcake, and we will make a deal." He huffs and hands Daniel the cupcake.

"Thanks, belly." Daniel thanked me, creating a new nickname for me. I just smile at him.

"Follow me," I state to Rowan. We leave, going to my room. We enter, and I close the doors. Rowan takes a seat on the bed, and I take a seat beside him.

"I want you to teach me how to use guns," I mention as if he has to teach me; it was in a 'you have to tone more than a 'please teach me tone'

"What! No, Noah is going to kill me". He rejects it immediately.

"Rowan, if you don't teach me, I will be the one who is going to kill you." I threaten as anger fills me. Rowan's mouth opens slightly, and he tilts his head. I inhale air, then exhale.

Plan 2 is about to take place. "Sad, I was planning to make your cupcakes as a salary. Oh, you didn't try my apple pies yet," I say, trying to lure him. "I am going to ask Daniel then." I get up from the bed. I am doing a really good job so far. I head to the door.

1

2

3-

"Wait," he starts. I smile evilly; yes, I knew this was going to work. "Noah is going to kill me." I turn to him after fading my smile; he is standing up. "But at least I will fill my stomach with goodies", I squeal internally and give him a soft smile.

We high-five each other and say, "Okay, let's wait until after the ball event. Noah will leave for work more often, so he won't be free to look after us, and Daniel works very hard, so Noah won't notice my absence." We start planning, and we set everything up.

"So we are starting next week?" I ask assuringly.

"Yeah," he replies.

"Great, you get your salary from next week then," I say, referring to the cupcakes, as he sighs.

"Great, here we go, my partner. Was it that hard?" I ask teasingly.

"You're attending my funeral soon; always remember me," he says dramatically. "We need to keep it as secret as possible," he warns me.

"Don't worry," I assure him.

We exit the room, and I head to the library to study. God, how I missed studying. I haven't seen Noah this morning, which made me think about every possible scenario.

Why am I thinking about him, Mierda? (shit)

_____________________________

NEXT CHAPTER IS THE BALL EVENT, vote and comment🫶🏻