Chapter thirteen

Noah's POV:

Noah's POV:

"How dare you raise your voice at me?" He raises his hand to slap her. I hold his hand, and I am filled with anger. How could he be so cruel to women?

"Don't dare think about touching her again," I say, looking at him dead in the eyes.

He lets out an evil chuckle. "Did the little whore make you fall in love with her, ha?" He says this, and I look back at Rose, who turned red as a tomato.

"We are getting married."

What the fuck did I just say? That came out very randomly; everyone gasped, and I don't blame them.

"Son, I know you won't get married; why are you lying", I am trying to protect Isabella from him; we have a rule in the family.

We don't hurt our relatives, and getting married to her will protect her from my dad. "We are getting married this Thursday, believe it or not." I still didn't look at Rose's face; she would be furious.

"Okay then, I will attend your marriage," he says, walking past me and stopping in front of Isabella.

He shows an evil grin and looks at her, saying, "Congratulations; it doesn't end here," and leaves towards the door. He won't stay here. When he comes to Florence, he usually stays in one of our hotels. When he slams the door shut, Rowan sits on the chair, and Daniel rubs his fingers in his hair in frustration.

I couldn't feel Rose doing anything behind my back; she must have been still in shock. "Man, what just happened?" Rowan asked, and I seriously don't know how to answer him.

I heard Rose run upstairs, leaving the living room, and after one minute, her bedroom door was shut. "For the first time, I didn't know what to do; if I marry her, I will save her," I say, and I know deep down that I am trying to convince myself that what I did was the best choice to take.

"Stop convincing us; try to convince her," Rowan said, referring to Rose. Daniel didn't say a word; instead, he just kept on pacing back and forth.

I leave to go to Rose and check on her; she hasn't taken her medicine yet. I jog upstairs and walk to her door. I knock on the door, and I don't get any response. "Rose," I call, but she doesn't reply. "I am entering the room," I say. I then open the door, and I see her figure through the curtains. She is sitting on the balcony. I walk there and find her sitting on the ledge.

"Rose." I call her name, and she turns and looks at me. She has a warm look in her eyes that always makes me feel comfortable around her. "We need to talk," I say, trying to look away from her eyes.

"We do need to talk," she says, jumping onto the balcony and rubbing her hands together to remove the dust.

"What just happened downstairs?" She was calm from the outside; I knew she would explode at any minute.