Ayano x Kano: Regrets Part 1

Things escalate for some reason. This may be a bad story with somewhat of an incest relationship. Stepcest...? Oh well as always I regret every-....nothing. I regret nothing. Yep.

"I seriously can't believe you did that," Kano muttered, his usual facade becoming weak at the presence of his sister. The Heat Haze now over, both were taking their time watching the sun set, their plans for the future unknown.

"I'm sorry." Ayano said. She brought her hand to her neck, where her red scarf used to be. She got rid of it, though, for the bad memories she had with it over-weighed the good ones. She placed her hand back on the grass she and Kano were sitting on.

"I don't want you to be sorry," Kano clenched his fists. "But I.. I do want you to feel guilty for leaving us behind." Ayano's eye's widened, her chest aching from the guilt and loneliness she had felt for years. The Heat Haze had repeated the same dates over and over gain, and everyone was finally able to get away from it.

She couldn't look at him in the eye, and she barely had the courage to speak. Her little Happiness Theory had been proven wrong, it seemed. She was sure the depressed state she was in would push her to kill herself again. Kano broke the silence and began to rant.

"I never told Kido and Seto how I basically helped you die. I never told them that Dad and I were the last ones to see you alive." His mask was slowly being put back together again. "I keep replaying that scene over and over again, wondering what I could have done differently."

At this point, Ayano was sobbing. Kano didn't seem to mind, though.

"I-We loved you," Kano said, correcting himself, "and you decided to throw that all away- and for what? What the hell were you trying to prove, idiot?!" Kano snapped.

"Shut up!" Ayano finally said. Kano only stared at her angrily, but said nothing. "I can't change the past, I can't undo what I did, I can't go back in time, I can't do anything to change it, so stop blaming me for things because I am well aware that your suffering is my fault!"

Kano only smirked, which didn't seem to surprise Ayano at all. "You have no right to yell at me." He pounced at Ayano and pushed her to the ground. Kano pinned her hands above her head, and kissed her.

Ayano wondered whether the kiss was out of love, or out of hatred. Either way, she didn't resist it, and only went along with the kiss. Her body felt numb, and the only thing she felt was her step-brother's lips smashing against hers. It hurt, but she felt she deserved the pain.

Although the kiss only lasted for a few seconds, it was enough to make even Kano blush. Ayano saw the slight red hue in his cheeks, and it almost made her smirk one of Kano's famous smirks.

"I was the one who loved you the most," he growled. "I was the last one to see you alive. It made my twisted personality even more twisted. I started losing my mind. I called myself a killer, and Kido and Seto could do nothing to help, because I never told them the truth, so they didn't know how to help." Kano did not seem to be upset; he only had a poker face on, though his cheeks were flushed slightly.

Slowly, Ayano raised her right hand to cup Kano's cheek. It felt soft, she thought. She loved Kano the most this whole time, too, but because of the goal she had set for herself, it ended up hurting everyone around her. Especially Kano.

She was still crying. Kano's lips inched closer to Ayano's cheek, and he licked her tears away. It tickled, and Ayano couldn't stop herself from gasping.

Kano whispered into her ear.

"After we go back to our normal lives, you bet I'm never going to let you out of my sight."

Author's Note 2018- the long hiatus

I am terribly sorry to everyone who read my books a while back. I had lost the urge to write anything, and I grew out of the fandoms I was in. I started to get into Kpop and Netflix shows, but it doesn't excuse me from leaving people on cliffhangers. I'm 18 now, and I wrote this when I was like 15 or something. I don't think I've matured, but I have learned one thing, and its that i should have never let go of the fandoms that have shaped who I am. I want to get back to writing, so please accept this weird, small one shot as a sorry. Thank you.

~Samantha-chan