Haruka x Takane & Ayano x Shintaro: Homework and School

Suggested by kuuderekohai... who now became jimmykohai

I'm sorry to say this did not end as a Truth or Dare thing...

Narrator POV

Friday in the morning, at school

"Takane! Haruka!" Yelled Ayano who was currently trying to drag Shintaro to them.

"Hey," Takane smiled. She and Ayano had always been close, and were pretty much best friends. Shintaro and Haruka, not so much.

"Hi Shin-" Shintaro simply put headphones on in an attempt to abviously ignore the group. Ayano huffed.

"Shintaro! That is no way to treat people." He just shrugged as he took off one earbud.

"Let's just head to class already. You-"

"But I wanna talk with Takane for a bit," she said, interrupting Shintaro. He snickered.

"You just want to find distractions to get away from class since we have a test today." Ayano paled at the word 'test'.

"Th-that's not true. Even if it was, I'd have to take it anyway. Plus, it doesn't even matter, 'cause I might, uh, feel sick and not take the test. Jeez Shintaro. You're just being a.. a...."

"A **** *** *****," Takane added to Ayano's sentence. Haruka tried to hold in his laughter and stared in amusement as Shintaro pulled his headphones out and stared intensly at the girl, his face as red as Ayano's scarf.

(Use your imagination for what Takane probably said...)

Takane shrugged. Was she to blame? She was so not a morning person, plus she didn't like how Shintaro acted. Why is he always especially rude to Haruka? She simply didn't like it.

Before Shintaro could do something, Ayano quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him towards their class.

"All right, all right, let's head to our class now." Ayano said calmly. Shintaro sighed as he let her drag him inside the school. Takane grinned.

"Serves him right, that stupid-" Her swear words were drowned out as the school bell rang, indicating the start of first period. Haruka held back the urge to also grab at her hand and drag her away; instead he put his hands in his pockets.

For the rest of the morning, Haruka had kept wondering why Takane acted a little bit stingier than she usually would. Maybe she'll be better at lunch when she talks with Ayano, he thought.

As lunch came by, both Takane and Haruka were very happy, which was because Ayano had made lunch for everyone, which was a rare occasion.

While Shintaro and Haruka were talking about music and food (probably the only time they can get along) Ayano and Takane were talking about how Ayano needed help with homework and studying, so she was planning on making a small study group at her house with just the four of them sometime soon.

"Well as long as Shintaro isn't going to be such an ass, then sure, let's all study together sometime." Takane said to Ayano. Ayano hugged the girl, obviously excited.

"Like I said before, Shintaro is a good person! You just have to be patient," she said after hugging the girl. Soon there was silence between them. "Plus, I really need him to help me with math. I failed my test, so... yeah."

Awkward silence.

"So we get to meet your siblings, too, right? You always talk about them, so I've wondered about them a lot, especially that Kano guy." Takane gave Ayano a thoughtful look.