Ayano x Shintaro: Valentine Feelings Through a Song

Picture by @banafria on Tumblr

Surprise! Happy Early Valentine's Day~ 

"Do you love me, Shinshin?" Ayano asked Shintaro, clinging to his arm as they were walking home. His attempt to hide his blushing face failed. These two had been going out for almost a year now, and Shintaro was proud of that, especially because he truly loved her, but he had a hard time showing it. And saying it.

"Ahm.. here's my house," he said, changing the subject. Ayano angrily let go of him, her face slightly red from anger.

"Shintaro, why do you always do that? Don't you.. love me? You never tell me if you do, so I'm beginning to think that you really don't." Tears threatening to fall, she quickly turned her head and ran away, leaving Shintaro alone.

"You're wrong. I do love you. I just can't.." he covered his face in disappointment., repeating to himself how much of a "failure" he is. "Can't... tell you in words," he finished.

This whole time they'd been dating, Shintaro had been making a song for Ayano, but it was taking him forever to decide whether it's good enough or not to show her. A few months after they started dating, Ayano had enjoyed the times when they'd walk home, listening to Shintaro's songs. So, as a gift, he was currently creating a song just for her using IA's voice, which he was familiar with. It would be a slow song with a piano solo and a lot of high notes, because Ayano loves songs like that.

But now, he realized that he doesn't have time anymore. He needed to finish the song fast, before he hurts Ayano and makes her think that he doesn't really like her, which was the total opposite of the way he felt. He ran to his house, dumped his backpack in a random corner, jogged up the stairs and flung his bedroom door open. Sitting down, he took a deep breath and organized his thoughts as he turned on his computer.

To give you up would be suicide for me,  he thought to himself. I won't treat you like I did before. I promise. I'll do something to make you stop feeling this way. He put on his headphones.

Gonna have to take an all-nighter, he thought to himself as he listened to the song. He wanted it to be perfect, that way it'll let her know his feelings, and so he can make Ayano happy. Even though it was a school night, and he still had 2 days before Valentine's day (which would be the perfect day to show the song), he wanted to finish it now. So, as hours ticked by, Shintaro's masterpiece was being perfected into something he's never been close to making before.

---

"Takane made me some chocolates!" were Haruka's first words as the quartet met in their usual spot near the cherry blossom trees. It was now Valentine's day, and they had a plan to meet up at lunch and give chocolates. 

"Good afternoon to you, too," Shintaro replied sarcastically. It was all he could do to keep his nervousness from showing, anxious for the day to end, that way he and Ayano can take their usual route home and give her the song. He finally liked how the song turned out, so it was already downloaded to his iPod and ready for Ayano to listen to.

"Heheh, sorry. I'm just really happy," Haruka said. Blushing, Takane punched him on the arm. Ayano laughed, saying how they would be such a cute couple and having small talk with Takane. These past two days, Ayano had been giving Shintaro the silent treatment, which bothered him, but he tried letting it go. At least she still walked home with him, but it still hurt him at the fact that she could be so silent on the way home. Sighing, he stared into space, impatiently waiting for the day to end.

But soon enough, chocolates were thrown his way, making him almost shriek at the sudden motion. "Hey!" He shouted. Takane tisked.

"Here's your dang chocolates," Takane growled. "I kept telling you, but you just freakin' ignored me."
Shintaro took in a deep breath. "Sorry," he murmured. Takane blinked.