Mary x Seto: Summertime Record Part 2

Narrator POV

We'll meet again someday.

Why is it that our imaginations are limitless? Why is there such a thing as dreaming? How is hope something important in life? Is there even any love left in this world?

Mary woke up to the sound of birds chirping. She had been outside, sleeping on the grass in front of her home. Grass stuck on her cheek as she sat up, her back aching from lying down on a rock, and the sun burned as it touched her pale skin.

She looked around, confused. All of that had been a dream, but she doesn't remember what it was about, exactly . Her dream was lost in the haze, her thoughts jumbled and lost.

She then heard a rustle in the trees. An animal, she thought happily. Now she didn't feel so lonely.

But, as the thing descended from the forest, she came to realize that it was certainly not a friendly forest animal.

Instead, three boys were there, their faces hidden by a shadow. They all carried bloody sticks the size of crutches. A nerve snapped in her head, and she remembered.

No, no no no. She pleaded. This can't be.

She stumbled as she tried to run away, only to fail at escaping. In her way was a cliff, and it plunged straight down into an abyss of darkness.

She was desperate. The boys were closer now, yet she still couldn't see their faces. Her head was aching, and she didn't have the courage to speak, she just couldn't beg them to go away.

She took baby steps towards the edge of the cliff, tears beginning to swell in her eyes. Then, she fell, her body feeling weightless as she fell to the ground.

"KYAAAAAA!" Mary exclaimed as she woke up from a nightmare. She breathed in and out quickly as she looked around, her mind processing what she had just seen. She sighed, moving her hair out of her face, sweat making it stick to her neck.

She was in a room, her room, in the hideout, where the Mekakushi Dan hid. This just made her more confused. Wasn't everyone separated? Was it all... a dream?!

No, how cruel that sounds. For her mind to play a trick on her, that's just evil, a simple evil hallucination. But, she would rather believe that it's a dream than for it to be real. That way she can still be with-

"Seto..." She said out loudd. Her mind was soon focused in him, and him only. In a daze, she crawled out of bed and headed towards the door, her breath slightly hitching as her bare feet hit the cold ground. If she was right, and this all wasn't another messed up dream, then once she opened the door, she would hear everyone's voices, Kido yelling at Kano, Hibiya trying to get Hiyori's attention, Konoha hapilly talking about food to Seto, Momo singing while Ene recorded her, and Shintaro complaining about it.

But, as she opened the door, she heard nothing. No sounds, no music, no complaining. Nothing. It was so quiet that it scared Mary. Was she back in the Haze?

No, impossible. There had to be a different reason. Was she still dreaming? Why-?

"I found you," said a chilling voice behind her. She stood, frozen. Kuroha.

He wrapped his arms around her as he dug a knife into her chest, but not too deep. Blood began to blossom from her chest.

His breathing was slow and steady, while Mary could barely breathe. He nuzzled his face against her neck, and she gasped as he bit her, more blood swelling and trickling down to the floor.

"Mary, Mary, Mary~. Such a nice name," he said as he pushed the knife deeper. "Mary,"

"Mary!" She was being shaken by someone, her head aching more each time she was thrown back and forth like a doll.

As her eyes blinked out the tears she had in her eyes, she saw that she was in her room again, except this time, the whole Dan was here, looking down at her worryingly.

They all seemed to be crying, all except for Seto. His eyes were red, but not because he had been crying. His power was in use, and a sad smile was plastered on his face. His hands were clenched to her shoulders, so she assumed that he was the one who woke her.

"What you just saw isn't real, Mary. Daijobu. The Heat Haze no longer exists, so stop dreaming about it, 'kay?" He said, his soothing voice calming her down. She sighed.

"What happened?" She asked while looking at all of them. They all looked at each other.

"It's nothing you should worry about, for now," Seto said. The whole group seemed relieved that Seto was handling the problem in a positive way. Kido spoke up.

"Let's give them some time to... recollect themselves," she said. No one disagreed, and they all left, leaving Mary and Seto alone.

"I'm sorry," he quickly said. "I used my power to see what you were dreaming about. It's just that you were thrashing around in your sleep, and I was curious to know-"

"I'm not dreaming again, am I?" She stared intently at the boy. He nodded.

"No, it's all real. I'm here with you, so don't worry," he hugged her tightly, his face nuzzled against her neck. She shivered.

"You're not hurt. He's not here anymore. You're okay." He says, his voice muffled. He stroked her neck, as if she really was hurt. But no bite wounds were present, and there were no signs of her chest bleeding or hurting.

She hugged him back, tears threatening to fall. "How long have I been asleep?" She quietly asked. He stiffened a little, but didn't hesitate to answer.

"Ten years."

hwut. Did. I. Just. Do?

Part 3 maybe? XD I don't even know anymore...