The Grand Asgardian Ball p2

Everyone was unprepared for what Freya had the Bards play next, especially Sif.

~Song Start: Great Western Orchestra: Cactus Swing~

When the song started there was a lot of confusion amongst the Asgardians, both old and young. Even Harry's friends weren't sure what to think about it. Harry however happily showed them how to have fun to this one, even though none of them knew how to dance to the music.

He quickly began doing a country dance, just like Darcy had taught him. As his friends watched him for a bit, they slowly began to realise how fun this could be, and began to mimic his movements, then, soon, many of the other young Asgardians began to mimic their movements in turn. The music truly had an upbeat lively feel to it, and even the bards were tapping their feet in enjoyment as they played. If one had noticed, some of the Asgardians, mostly the common folk, were getting to the feel of the song itself as they watched the younger generations dance.

Sif could feel a muscle in her neck twitching at this new music as well as how it was Harry who started the dance this time. That was almost as bad as Freya starting it. When this was over, she was going to see about having a private word with Harry about this. Set the poor boy, who so foolishly followed Loki and Freya like a puppy, straight like the warrior he should be.

Volstagg happily stood off to the side with his wife, watching the younger ones trying another new dance. The younger generations were looking like they were having the night of their lives.

When Amora saw the dance moves that this song required she refused to try. Her dress and footwear were not made for such moves.

Loki was alright with taking a break, needing a drink after all that dancing. Besides, he reasoned that now was the time for the younger ones to take the floor and enjoy themselves.

Thor refused to stop dancing, and thankfully, his partner was more than willing to continue. Valkyries are never ones to give up after all.

Odin found this new music far stranger than any of the other music he had heard that night, causing him to decide to interro-er, 'question' Freya about where she came up with it, later. However, he was in such a good mood after hearing Frigga sing, that he was willing to let the ball continue.

Frigga smiled as she watched the younger generations enjoy themselves. It had been so long since the younger generation truly enjoyed a ball.

Freya was alright with stepping off the dance floor at that time. After all, all those youths trying to learn to dance to such music would surely lead to many of them bumping into each other. Also, since Freya saw that Thor had remained on the dance floor she wanted to use a little magic to trip him as much as she could while the song lasted. No one would know that she's doing it either. Well, no one but Hogun, but she knew he wouldn't rat her out.

Hogun, though enjoying himself greatly for the first time in a long time, was happy to get off the dance floor and rest. Though a warrior, he was having a great deal of trouble not getting winded. Also, he could tell that Freya wanted to stop for a moment and cause some minor mischief. He would allow it so long as it wasn't anything to worrisome.

Harry and his friends were greatly enjoying this, for each of them, this was not only a new experience, it was fun, and, what's more, all these things started when Harry came to Asgard, as such, his friends decided, then and there, and each on their own, that they would do their best to protect Harry, and to keep their friendships strong.

As the song finally came to an end, everyone clapped, and some went off to have some food and drinks while others waited for the next song to begin, and they wouldn't have long.