History and stuff that matters

~And Now~

~3 Years after Harry had come to Asgard; Harry age at this point in time is 8 years old~

Sirius smiled, he had finally been cleared to take his trials and that he was as healthy as he could be, for a Midgardian anyway. Eir had seemed very pleased to finally be rid of him, and when Sirius had offered to remain a little longer she had chased him out with a heavy looking book, threatening to do something to him that sounded impossible, even for an Asgardian.

While he had been recovering, Harry had secretly been telling Sirius about some of the spells that Loki had taught to Harry for pranks, some of them were harmless, others less so. Needless to say, putting his clever and mad mind to work, Sirius had improvised most of them into distraction or battle spells to trip up opponents. He had particularly liked messing with the summoned dagger spells, even if his use of them had been frivolous in the sense that he used them to help him shave and to pick his nails.

Needless to say, he felt he was ready for the trials that Odin had told him he would face. Sirius just hoped he didn't end up facing that one Asgardian 'komodo lady' who kept picking on Harry simply cause he favored magic, if he did, he wasn't sure he would be able to hold back from using something more…permanent, rather then something that was appropriate for a Trial by Combat of old.

As Sirius continued to wonder who it is he was going to fight, there was one thing he knew, he would be facing one of the more well-known warriors of Asgard, after all, this was a trial set up by Odin himself, it wouldn't do for Odin to choose anyone other than one of his best, or more famous warriors, or both.

Just as Sirius finished getting dressed for the day, a knock was on the door, and one of the twins shouted, "Oi, Sirius, the Great One wants to see ya!" he heard. Sirius grinned, the twins always made him laugh with their crazy antics.

~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~

As Sirius entered the throne room, it was to see the entire court in attendance, even Freya was there, and she and Loki were grinning at Sirius, while Harry was smiling happily.

Odin immediately banged his staff on the ground to get everyone's attention, "We are all gathered to watch over a Trial by Combat to see if the Midgardian, Sirius Orion Black, is worthy of being an Asgardian or not," here he looked at Sirius, "You may choose your weapon, but your opponent has been chosen for you," he continued, "You will be facing Fandral the Dashing in combat," he concluded.

Sirius found himself rolling his eyes when he heard Fandral's title, having seen Fandral flirting with women many times since his arrival in Asgard. "Dashing? Yeah, let's see him try flirting with the witches back home and see if he still has that title afterwards." Sirius knew that Lily at least would've hexed Fandral into his next life if she had ever met him, and there were at least several women Aurors' Sirius had worked with that would do much worse to the Asgardian then hex him, and that wasn't including the ones with mixed creature heritage. Sirius found himself pushing back a smirk; planning to recommend a few of those women to Fandral should the two ever find themselves on Earth together and near Magical Britain.

Odin then banged his staff on the floor again and said loudly, "The Trial by Combat will take place in one hour in the training yard!" he commanded.

Sirius smirked at Fandral and then mouthed, 'Your arse is grass!' before leaving the throne room.

~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~~w~

~One Hour Later~

Sirius and the court of Asgard, along with Harry, his friends, Loki and Freya, and the twins too, were all gathering in the training yard for Sirius's Trial by Combat.