Musical Hoggy Warts

~Hospital Wing of Hogwarts~

After Harry, Hermione, and the others gave a summary of what happened with the Nundu Amelia and Shacklebolt left, saying they would get full statements later. That left the six students alone with Loki, who was now looking a little drained of energy as he turned to Madam Pomfrey.

"I'm taking Harry out into the hall to speak privately with him. I'll be sure to return him to his bed shortly," He told her, waiting until she gave a nod of consent before he took hold of Harry's arm and pulled him out into the hallway. "What am I to do with you and that daughter of mine? First I learn she is actually an American witch and now you are slipping out to fight Nundu's as if you were Thor and his friends!" Loki ran a hand down his face. "I dread the pride he's going to feel learning this. I'll never hear the end of it!"

Harry tried not to smile at the thought of Thor boasting about Harry's battle against the Nundu, even though it wasn't near as epic as it could be. "I'm sorry about this, but I couldn't leave Hermione out there once we heard it was loose on the grounds!" he declared.

"I know Harry, I know, that is just the sort of person you are. The type of person to not sit idly by when you know someone is being hurt." Loki blamed what the Dursleys put Harry through for this. Harry had suffered for years under them before someone came to his rescue, in a fashion, and because of that Harry clearly doesn't want to see other people suffer if he can help it. "However, you do need to think more before you act. You should have told someone, even a fellow Hufflepuff, that you were going after Hermione. What if the battle had not gone the way it had? What if you had failed to protect the girl? Any number of things could have gone wrong!" Loki scolded.

"I know," Harry hung his head, "It's just, when I heard what was happening I reacted without much thought. But we did come up with a rough plan once we got to the pumpkin patch!" Harry pointed out.

Loki gave a nod. "Yes, that you did. A very rough plan that you are lucky worked as it did." It really was a miracle that Harry's plan worked the way it did and that everyone got away from the Nundu in one piece. "Next time though, kindly bring someone more experienced to the battle with you, preferably someone who has more knowledge of combat spells then you currently do. Norns only know what the next beast you face might be!" Loki finished.

Harry gave Loki his word that he would try to remember to do that next time. But then Harry's mind turned to Nundu itself. "Strange, that a Nundu found its way onto the grounds. Has anyone figured out where it came from yet?" he asked.

"Not to my knowledge, they are currently checking it for some form of identification so they can learn this but at the moment there is nothing revealing that information. A Nundu is no easy creature to move, even those trained to handle them have trouble moving one," Loki answered as he thought on the events he'd been informed of. "At first, I thought perhaps the Care of Magical Creatures class had been studying one and it got loose, but there is no chance at that, as the Nundu is far too dangerous to be kept on school grounds safely. Which means it would have to have come from elsewhere," he concluded.

Harry knew this would be pressing his luck but he had to ask. "Um, would you let me know where it came from, once you know that is?" he asked cautiously.

Loki went to answer that he would before he stopped himself and gave Harry a knowing look. "You're trying to get information out of me, and I didn't even notice until now," Loki gave a chuckle and shook his head. "Clearly you've learned more from me then I thought I had been teaching you. In answer to your question though," Loki stopped and thought about it. After all if Harry wanted this information, it could mean Harry was planning to dig deeper and thus put himself more at risk, "I'll pass along some information, understood. Only what little I think you should know but no more." While it's dangerous for Harry to be digging like this, Loki was interested in seeing just how far Harry could get with a little help from him. "And I want you to keep me informed about your discoveries, are we clear?" Loki finished.