Four

4 - Slip

They watched her, followed her before they made a move. She suspected nothing, still feeling excited for the event she waited for. But eventually, it was time.

When it started, she ran, limping towards the hotel but they were faster so in a few seconds, she was caught. Her scream resounded in the forest but only the trees were there to sympathize with her... to witness the horror laid upon her.

Her wrists were bound by a strong pair of hands behind her while a cloth was being tied to cover her eyes, as if it would somehow mask the crime they were committing. She kicked and writhed and tried hard to escape but she was only one and they were more.

The damned men pushed her onto the ground, dirt staining her beautiful dress. She felt something sharp cutting through her and the sound of cloth being ripped was too deafening that it overwhelmed her screams. Her terror as a hand touched her bare body drowned her.

"Stop... please."

She tried to dig for their souls but she didn't know that they were void of it. The world was cruel to them that any kind of action was the same and meaningless. The nameless men started to violate her thrust after thrust. She felt their teeth on her skin, in her mouth, on every part of her body. Little by little, her life was being torn right in front of her.

After what seemed like forever, they were done. By that time, her blindfold was coming loose and soaked with her tears and her whole body ached too much that she couldn't feel it anymore. She thought she was dead and started to say sorry to someone who was probably waiting for her to come home.

"I think you'll have to eat dinner alone tonight, big sis." She whispered.

She was about to give in to the sweetness of death until she heard laughter. Someone was laughing at her and at what they did... like it was some kind of a sick joke. Her blood boiled in her veins which made the pain come back double.

"I know you." She said too weakly that no one heard her. She felt her body being thrown and hit the ground painfully.

Rain started to fall and as she realized the cold drops on her body, she also noticed the absence of the blindfold on her eyes. How long it hadn't been there, she didn't know. Her whole body started to weaken dramatically until she could feel her heart beating very, very slowly.

***

Andrea sat with company's designers while watching the mini show they prepared for her. The designers of La Bella were tasked to create a new line for the spring season but after five minutes and just four clothes, Andrea raised her hand to stop the show.

"What is this?" She asked without masking the annoyance in her tone.

"Ma'am, it's a mix of the colors of spring... green and-"

"Mirae." She cut off, "Do I look stupid to you?"

Mirae panicked and stuttered "No, Ma'am". The five designers as well as the staff and the models fell silent while Andrea stood up and threw the folder at Tiffany. She pursed her red lips and straightened the side of her dark blue off shoulder dress, accenting her thin shape. Obviously, the boss isn't pleased with what she was seeing.

"La Bella is all about beauty. Not just any kind of beauty you see on TV or in the street." Andrea looked at them one by one but no one would dare make eye contact with her.

"We know that, Ma'am." Mirae bravely said again.

"Then it's either you're blind, stupid, or completely indifferent to the company's goal." She had her blank expression while she spoke. "Look at that green sundress you paired with a big hat. Will you wear it, Tiffany?"