Sixteen

Sixteen—Poisoned

Andrea met Henry at a coffee shop earlier the following day and told him about what happened last night. He noticed the strain in her eyes as she talked about how the boys are now fighting among them while two of their members—the maknae and the leader—are still missing.

“And Chen had finally decided to talk.” Andrea said.

“What did he tell you?” Henry sipped from his black coffee.

The college ring in Henry’s finger glistened, catching Andrea’s attention. She glanced at it for a second but her eyes lingered on his bruised hand. He followed her stare and raised an eyebrow at her.

“Does it hurt?”

“Not anymore.”

“Anyway, I will still be sticking to the plan. They can’t get away from me now.”

Henry took her hand and kissed it. She watched him tenderly as he looked up to meet her eyes. Henry’s brown irises seem ordinary but if one looks at them intently, they seem like they have something deeper in them… almost as deep as the sea.

“Just give the boy’s testimony and let the police do their job from there. The queen shouldn’t be out in the battle.”

Upon hearing this, Andrea drew in breath and unconsciously took back her hand. Henry seemed to be confused on her sudden gesture but let her be. For the first time in a long time, the heavy feeling started to emerge again.

“That’s what my former secretary told me.” She said.

“Isn’t this what everybody tells you, Ann?” He took her hand again but this time held them tight.

Andrea felt something else at the pit of her stomach but decided to ignore it for a while. There are more important matters at hand.

“The boy—“

“His name is Chen.” Andrea corrected

“Ah yes. Chen. He might just be another trap in the way, Ann. You shouldn’t just trust anyone.”

“That’s right isn’t it?” She answered then bit her lip.

She kept quiet on the way to the hospital, wondering about so many things. Her hands aren’t exactly clean but after Tiffany, she couldn’t dismiss the possibility that she is on somebody’s side. She glanced at Henry and somehow wondered if she trusted the right people.

Henry parked in the same spot behind the hospital and Andrea noticed a familiar car parked just across from them. She walked a bit closer to it and silently cursed her brain for not remembering whose it was. Henry asked her what it was but she just shook her head and said nothing. She just asked him to get her aspirin from the pharmacy which he gladly obliged.

She opened the door to Jessica’s room and saw that she was still in bed. But as she walked in, she saw Kai caressing Jessica’s forehead while her sister slept peacefully. For a few seconds, it felt was if the world had stopped as their eyes met.

“What are you doing here??!” Andrea rushed to push him off of Jessica.

“What are you—“ Kai was so confused to find Andrea in Jessica’s room.

“Don’t touch her!” Andrea hugged Jessica who was starting to wake up.

“I can… explain. But who—“ Kai looked at Jessica again.

“Get away from my sister!”

“She’s your…”

Poor Kai couldn’t even finish his sentences. He was genuinely so shocked to find Andrea there and more than that, she is Jessica’s sister. He tried to explain again but Henry came in and immediately took him by the collar.

“What are you doing here huh?!”

Kai’s eye widened at the sight of Henry and he shook his head, disbelieving his own eyes. Jessica had woken up but Andrea hugged her in a way that she wouldn’t see anything.

“I’m just here to take care of her… I will never… hurt her.” Kai’s voice trembled but his words were clear.

“Don’t lie! Ann! Call the police! Tell them what you know!”

Henry dragged him out of the room and shut the door. He pushed the boy on the wall and tried to intimidate him with his eyes. They were starting to redden… as Kai noticed something… right off of the brown of his right eye. Something… something blue.

“It’s you who shouldn’t lie.” Kai threatened.

“What did you just say?” Henry hissed.

“The drug you injected on us… wears off. I remember you.  And soon I will remember everything just like Jessica and the rest.” Kai warned him.

Henry smirked, his tongue running down his bottom lip as he looked at Kai sharply. This was obviously not his plan. The drug wasn’t supposed to wear off. This only mean one thing: he needs to act fast.

“I was made sure that the drug erases that part of your memories. Well then…” Henry turned into the beast that he is, “I guess I have no choice but to erase you all.”

The way he said it was too chilling simply because it felt like he meant it. His facial features rearranged from a helpless lamb into a sly fox in just a blink of an eye. Kai could only remember parts of what happened that day but he surely saw Henry there and the drug.

Henry was going to take him outside but then the police arrived and immediately apprehended Kai—more like saved him that is. The boy looked at him, mocked him… His body was so tensed it was shaking. His eyes burned like hell that it almost melted the contact lenses he was wearing. When he got back inside, he tried to blink away the pain in his eyes before facing the sisters like nothing had happened. He was back to his lamb form.

“Did they take him?” Andrea walked to him and looked at him curiously.

“Yes. Now I need to go fix a few things to make sure nothing comes out without our control.” Henry adjusted his shades.

“What’s wrong with your eyes?” Andrea asked.

“Just irritated, darling.” He pressed his lips on hers, “I’ll see you later.”

Kai was put in another car discreetly so as not to raise any suspicions from the media that could be around. Henry had ordered them not to release any statement yet regarding the arrest or Chen’s statement. The hospital has already been warned to keep mum about what had happened there that night and that if they do, they would be sued. Kai looked out of the heavily tinted car window and watched the lights blur outside.

On the other side of the city, Andrea’s mind was starting to go around the things she has seen today. She managed to reassure Jessica that everything will be fine after asking the nurses to tranquilize her in secret. She thought of all the possibilities…

--

a/n: rain, rain, go away...