Nineteen

Nineteen—Love

Chanyeol drove Andrea to a place where Henry had instructed him to take her. It was a laboratory he funded to create different kinds of drugs, including that one he injected into Jessica and the boys. But that night, the whole place was deserted.

“What happened to you, Ann?” Henry said, concern written all over his face.

“Don’t call me that you monster!” Andrea spat the words at him.

Henry stepped back, grinning at her like the lunatic that he is. He walked to her and leaned very close at her face. He noticed the blood trickling down her cheek, touched it… and pressed her face in between his fingers to make it bleed more. Andrea shook in pain but she kept her mouth shut. She knew that screaming or crying would pleasure him more. Henry smirked at her resilience—it was the exact reason why he fell for her.

“I’m not a monster.” He looked at her with his deep blue eyes. “You are the monster, Ann.”

He let go of her and went to take Jessica in who was tied onto the wheelchair. Henry took a glass of water from the steel table and splashed the contents onto Jessica’s face. Andrea was shocked at the action but when she saw her little sister stirring to consciousness, she started to break from the inside.

“Big sis!” Jessica says crying, “Help me.”

“Let her go,” Andrea whispered under her breath.

Andrea’s heart was crushed at her sister’s plea. All this time she was convincing herself that she was just protecting her from people that could hurt her sister. She promised her from the very start that there is nothing else that they needed except for each other. She has done everything just to give her sister a good life. She even let Henry in her life… the biggest and stupidest mistake she’s ever done.

Why? Because she let the man who violated her into their life.

“I don’t think your sister would help you, sweetie. You see… she’s done things to you. Terrible ones.” Henry licked his lower lip while he enjoyed torturing Andrea of the truth.

“What are you saying?” Jessica asked Henry but her eyes remained on her sister.

“Don’t.” Andrea held her sister’s gaze.

“Don’t what, Ann? Don’t tell her?” He laughed at her, “Or maybe you want more audience?”

He nodded at Chanyeol and the young lad immediately knew what to do. In a matter of seconds, he pushed Chen onto the floor of the room where they all were. Shocked as he was to be in such a strange company, he tried his best to remain calm and stood up. He also needed to know the truth.

“Why is he here?” Andrea kept a straight face.

“Don’t you want him to know the truth either?”

“I know everything. And I trust her.” Chen said.

Andrea closed her eyes in frustration as she heard Chen speak. Why, of all people, should it be him who was there? For the first time in a long time, her heart  entirely broke for a man she barely knew. Tears formed in her eyes but she did her best to stop them. She couldn’t cry just yet.

“Oh no, kid. You barely know anything. You see, Andrea planned all this with me. She wanted to get rid of the boys that stole her precious sister from her and poof! We came up with a plan to tear all of you apart.”

Jessica felt confused as she did the math in her head. That day of the fan meeting, there was only one person who knew where she was going. She didn’t have any friends nor a boyfriend. She only had her sister. Her sister who loved her so much.