Seven

Seven—Awake

It was a rainy Monday afternoon, the whole city was wet and borderline wild. In a secret storage house somewhere, a photoshoot for a cosmetic brand was in progress. The boys were all in high spirits as they played around in front of the camera and all over the place.

The brand is the group's tenth endorsement and there are more to come. Everybody just wants a piece of their fame and rub it on their products or something. Who can blame them? These EXO boys are just too charming that even an elderly woman would buy their nose pack.

"Kai! You should definitely use this soap." Chen almost hopped to Kai while holding a whitening soap in his hand.

"You should use that for your soul," Kyungsoo muttered while shaking in disapproval.

"Yah Chen, your little girlfriend looks pale." Xiumin pointed at Luhan who looked a lot like he hasn't eaten in years.

He took a deep breath and suddenly fell on the floor. Everybody in the room panicked and some rushed to him, calling his name. Luhan wasn't moving at all and was breathing shallowly.

"Oh gosh! What happened?" Sara was just coming in after talking with the staff and ran to the couch where they put the pretty boy.

"He just fainted." Suho answered while adjusting Luhan on the couch.

Sara slapped his face lightly, trying to wake him up but he didn't respond at all. It was then that the manager decided to rush him to the hospital.

Luhan was brought into the ER secretly, although having everybody leave the place wasn't exactly discreet. His blood pressure and everything else that needed to be checked was checked and soon enough, he was confined in a private room of the hospital.

Chen, Baekhyun, Sehun, Suho and Xiumin went to the hospital with him, wearing their usual masks and hoodies. The initial finding for Luhan was that he was fatigued from probably lack of sleep since his blood pressure was unusually low.

"Gosh. You guys deserve a break or we will have to occupy twelve rooms in this hospital." Sara said while fixing Luhan's bed.

"Yeah. But Luhan didn't sleep last night because of the ..." Xiumin didn't have to finish what he was saying.

Last night, there was a rerun of the story of Jessica and Luhan couldn't stop himself from watching it. It was the first time he knew in detail exactly what happened to her. All of it burned themselves onto his brain and it was impossible to scrub them off.

"Maybe SM should allow the investigation on us. To prove our innocence." Baekhyun said.

"But that would be a big hit on all of you. What if someone plants something in your bag or your jacket? We can't risk that." Sara said tiredly.

"It's better than living like this." Sehun sipped some soda from his can.

Everybody fell silent. Luhan stirred from his sleep and muttered something. Sara leaned closer to hear him better and when she did, the gibberish words formed in her mind like scrambled letters making sense.

"Stop... stop..."

Doctors and nurses rushed into Jessica's room while Andrea was slightly pushed aside. While she was cleaning her sister's hand with a towel, Jessica moved her fingers. It was followed by a slight twitching of her mouth. In just seconds after pressing the button above her head, her room was filled.

"Jessica..." Andrea whispered while watched from the corner of the room.

Suddenly, Jessica's body started to shake subtly. The doctor dictated orders to anyone who could hear him and in a flash, tubes and wires were on her little sister again. When the nurse opened her hospital gown, Andrea fought the urge to jump to her and cover her front. The sight of Jessica getting exposed in front of these strangers was just too much for her.