Eleven

Eleven—Flinch

After an uneventful meeting with Detective Han (in which Andrea was disappointingly told that there were no new leads for the case), Andrea was on her way to a high end Italian restaurant on the corner of clothing stores and jewelry shops. She got out her jet black car, showing off the red pumps gracing her snow white skin. If it wasn’t for the sudden rise of temperature that day, she wouldn’t have had the slight pink on her cheeks under the soft blush she normally puts to color her marble face.

As expected, when she cut through the lunch buzz inside, a handful of people turned to watch her like a goddess just appeared in their midst. Andrea is definitely a perfectly beautiful woman if not for the stone cold broken heart she has been nursing with more anger. But no one else needed to know that. Everything will be over soon and she will simply slip back to the normal world, locking away all the bad memories somewhere for good.

That’s why she needs to hurry and punish them all.

“Finally, my darling Ann showed up. I thought you have forgotten about me.” Henry stood up from where he was sitting and greeted Andrea with the warmest hug he’s been brewing since he arrived a little earlier than the time they agreed on.

Andrea gave a tired smile but returned the embrace nonetheless. Henry was a breath of fresh air, since she’s been living with the boys for the past few days. Actually Henry’s looks aren’t bad at all. With her, they seem to be this couple that no one else can touch because they simply aren’t on the same level as everybody else. For years, they’ve been together; their business grew as well as their relationship.

“You know that I’ve been busy.” Andrea told him, letting out a slight childish tone.

“Why don’t you let me take care of everything for you? You don’t have to get your hands dirty on this.”

Henry pulled a chair for her and kissed her cheek before retreating back to his chair across from her. She fixed the fringe coming out of her messy but stylish bun and looked back at her man with a smile.

“If I ever need help, I’d tell you. But for now, I’d like to handle them myself.”

Just then, a waiter showed up and poured them the best wine the restaurant had. As expected of Henry, he’s already gave specific orders to the waiters on what to serve them since his date isn’t ordinary. Andrea never liked holding menus and looking through what they have. She wants specific food and never changes them unless she finds the need to do so. And yes, Henry has memorized them all by heart.

“But you didn’t have to live with them, Ann. Have you ever considered my feelings at all? I’m hurt darling, right here.” He playfully changed his voice into a whiny kid and pointed at his chest.

Andrea found it funny but just shook her head and sipped a little of the wine. He often acted like this when he’s jealous of someone and right then, she knew he was definitely jealous of the pretty boys of EXO.

“Henry, there’s nothing to be jealous about, dear. As soon as I find evidence, I’m done.”

“First of all, I am not jealous but worried. They’re still men, Ann. And not just men. They are criminals. You can’t stop me from worrying.”

He took her hand and caressed the back of it with his thumb. He looked at her in the eye with genuine love for her that for a second she wondered if, after all this, she could give Henry a chance to change her mind about their future as a couple.

“Can I come over to your place today?” Henry asked in the middle of lunch.

“Uhm…” Andrea bit her lip, “No.”