Thirteen

Thirteen-Deceive

Mirae made sure she had her best formal work clothes on, even though nobody asked her to do so. She is going to meet her new boss for the first time today and she ought to at least impress if not stand out. Her new life has started and she resolved to leave all her bad memories in La Bella behind.

This is too ironically amusing that I can smell it from the Far East side of the troll world.

She sat next to Jun and constantly fiddled with the hem of her skirt. This annoyed her superior that he almost stabbed her hand with a pencil. Good thing their boss came in and everybody stood up to greet her formally.

"Sit down." Andrea said coldly as she sat immediately in her chair.

At the sound of her voice, Mirae's head shot up and saw Andrea's icy stare at her as well as Tiffany looking at her in complete surprise. Suddenly, the new world she had imagined crumbled in front of her. All this time, she thought she had escaped her only to find out that she is still in Andrea's little labyrinth, like that one in EXO's music videos.

"Looks like this company truly loves trash, doesn't it, Mirae?

Mother of God she called her out.

Everybody looked at Mirae as if to ask how the hell their new boss knows her on a first name basis even. Poor girl just wanted to melt into her clothes right then. But she thought about the hardships she went through just to get this job and it gave some air of confidence into her. Just enough to at least sit straight in her chair.

"Long time no see, ma'am." She briefly answered.

"Is it now? Anyway, I'll get straight to the point. All of you were chosen to work exclusively with EXO and I am pretty much sure most of you know them very well, especially you, Ms. Manager. Am I right?"

Sara shook off her own thoughts on where she's seen Andrea before. Her boss looked so vaguely familiar but then again, her job includes talking to hundreds of people on a daily basis. Taking a deep breath, she summoned the courage to talk.

"Ma'am, if you don't mind, I would like to suggest moving the boys to a new dorm. A lot of bizarre things have happened to them recently and it seems like some are done by the sasaengs."

The whole place seemed to be very quiet for that particular meeting and so far, only Andrea, Sara and Mirae have spoken. The others just kept their mouth shut, being the elder ones in the job. The management has briefed them not to cross their new boss because it was part of the contract signed with her: the boys will continue under the same label but will be managed separately.

"And if they change dorms, will it stop? I don't think so. What we need is a more competitive manager who can handle these boys, I suppose. Unless you start doing your job." Andrea smiled, mocking her, "Yes, I know that they have been all over the place unsupervised."

"But Ma'am, you sent me to a useless place-"

"Excuse me? I spent a fortune just to send you there thinking you could make new connections. Which meant it is not useless. You had your phone with you. So, is it still my problem to keep you in touch with EXO?"

Sara was still gonna talk back when Jun pinch the side of her thigh. She wanted to say more but she knew that she wouldn't be able to explain how her emails seemed to be intercepted of some sort because for the whole week, all she got are newsletters and alerts from networks and magazines.

"Moving on, I want all of you to report to me every single thing you know and will know about them. My secretary will receive everything no matter how small they are. And lastly, I don't want any of them knowing of this new ownership." Andrea paused to look at them one by one seriously, "Do I make myself clear?"