Eighteen

Eighteen—Awaken

The whole place stayed as cold as the icy air outside. Weather forecasts say that there is a typhoon coming in the next 24 hours. Wind whistled loudly outside the thick glass windows of the complex.

Luhan looked out of the window, watching the distant lights of a famed bridge in the country. He thought of his family overseas and the possibility of meeting them soon for a small get together. Then his thoughts drifted to the first few days of being an EXO member… Then he thought of Chen.

He remembered how caring he was, despite being the sarcastic troll that he is. There were times when he didn’t care if he had the least fans among them or if he didn’t receive any gifts… just as long as the members are happy and healthy and safe, he would smile like a puppy.

No one seemed to pay attention to Luhan as he looked at each of them in the room. Then he focused on Chanyeol who seemed totally unfazed on what “happened” to him. He asked himself, “Could Chen really do such thing?” No one even dared find him or know where he went to.

All of a sudden, Luhan’s vision seemingly defocused and he saw flashes of a familiar scene in his mind. He fell over onto the floor and sweated hard as his brain throbbed in pain. DO came to his aid and made him sit on the floor as Lay came to give him some water.

“What happened?” Lay asked while rubbing Luhan’s back.

Luhan couldn’t answer. Even he couldn’t make out what happened or what he saw except for the trees. The nausea building at the pit of his stomach wasn’t helping either. Lay tried to calm him but he felt a little scared. Just that morning, he might have experienced the same though he didn’t tell anyone.

“Did you see the forest again?”

This time, Luhan looked at him in surprise. He hasn’t said anything about it yet but Lay already knew about it. It was that reaction that made Lay go back to that day… when they’ve gone missing and the crime happened.

The program on TV was suddenly interrupted by breaking news and almost all of them gathered around automatically. Since they knew that Kai was arrested, they quietly waited for any news about him. Sara hasn’t called them yet so all of them were on the edge of what could have happened to their brother. And of course, Chen is still out there but at least they are all safe with him away from them. Or so they thought.

“Turn up the volume,” Suho ordered and Baekhyun willingly complied.

“Suspect for the EXO FAN Rape Case apprehended by the police. One suspect was arrested tonight upon gaining enough evidence according to the police. Mr Lau, the spokesperson of the victim, confirmed the news to the media earlier tonight and said that further details to the arrest will be given in a form of official statement as soon as the case is formally filed.” The female reporter said.

The shot of the hospital was cut to a well-built man in a dark blue suit. Camera flashes lit up his face and a dozen microphones were fighting over a spot in front of him. The screen says “recorded earlier” and below is his name.

“As requested by the victim’s family, we will keep the details private for now until further actions are made.” Henry said formally in front of the media.

“Wait a second. Huh??” As Sehun read the name of the spokesperson, he shot up from the couch to look closer, “No way…”

You want my name, kid? I’ll tell you my name.

Everybody was clueless at Sehun’s reaction and Kris was convinced that the people in there are starting to lose it. Suho asked Sehun and the younger just walked away in a hurry to get the keys to his car.