Chapter 21: Present

------------- Shazam/ Billy's POV: ------------

I waited a few minutes for Percy to leave before I walked back out into the streets. I quickly ducked into the ally, briefly glancing down at the slip that carried her phone number. 

I couldn't help but smile at it. While sure, the whole situation I'd made up was a fib, it wasn't entirely a lie. The Justice League really didn't seem to value me as an equal member, not since they found out my real identity. I'd been so sure that bringing in that lady would've gotten me some points in with them but she just had to kick me in the jaw. 

I felt my smile drop as my grip on the paper tightened, at least miss Percy seemed to be kind enough. I let my hope in her grow as I shoved the small paper into my pocket, before yelling out "SHAZAM!" A crack of lightning followed by the warm tingly sensation of lightning enwrapping me led to me becoming my superhero persona. My view was now much taller than before. 

Now I had to face the hardest part about tonight. Actually facing the Justice League again. 

I willed myself to float, my center of gravity becoming weightless as I lifted into the air, regaining my balance before I shoot out of the ally and into the night sky. I didn't hesitate, using my newfound confidence from Percy to power my will to speak to the Justice League once more. Maybe this time I could try and convince them that just because I was a kid didn't mean my ideas were stupid. 

Even Freddy had good ideas sometimes so it wouldn't be hard to see how I could have some. 

I felt the cold air whip by as I shot over the city. While it was true that I didn't live in Gotham, I'd visited for the night, having my siblings cover for me back home while I traveled here in an attempt to make a name for myself with the league. I just needed them to see that I was worth it. 

It wasn't long before I made it to the base, I could already feel my nerves lighting up as the golden outside of the Hall of Justice came into view. I could already feel my confidence melting away. Why couldn't they have just been like Percy?

I willed myself to land, my feet making contact with the cold stone floor as I walked in, getting past the tourist entrance and further in until I got to the real base. 

The real Justice Hall was much nicer than the outside, with the lighting and design of the place feeling like something out of a comic book which I suppose wasn't too far out of reality. 

I noticed the movement coming from the corner of my eye to find Flash munching on some chips, his eyes secured to the crinkling bag as if it were the most interesting thing in this place. He looked over for a moment before a smile lit up on his face, he pulled his hand out of the bag to wave. "Hey, bud! What're you doing in Gotham? Isn't it past your bedtime?" I narrowed my eyes as I walked past Flash. I'd decided my first course of action was to find out who the lady was, she was dangerous if she could knock me out in one kick. 

"What? Was it something I said?" Flash asked from behind me, but I didn't dare turn around to pick a fight. All I was interested in currently was the supercomputer. 

It wasn't long before I was standing in front of the massive computer, its low hum accompanying its bright lights that seemed to come from every dent or hole. I swear I'd seen similar setups in streamers' offices. 

As soon as I got in front of it I began typing, Batman had implemented a unique feature where you could just type in certain features of your rival or enemy and it would cross-check with the media from the internet and the actual computer's database in order to find a group of suspects. 

I used my speed to type in 'White and black hair, killer whale mask, knife, white pants' I clicked enter and waited for the results to start rolling in. I could hear Flash come in behind me.