Chapter 42: Present

——————-Percy's POV: ——————-

I let out a sigh as I looked down at the man who'd collapsed in a heap in front of me, his blood beginning to pool around him.

I looked over, the mirror hanging on the wall showed me myself. My mask had a splotch of blood on it. I quickly wiped it off as I turned away, rubbing the blood off on a table as I passed by it.

I was tired, this had been a much longer mission than I was used to, but I was glad it was over because now I could go to an empty base where I'd feel much worse about where I am.

Okay I'm kidding. It's not that bad.

As I headed for the door I felt a vibration come from my back pocket. I sighed. I really wasn't prepared to deal with a call from Jason right now.

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my phone, the phone illuminating the dark room around me. I blinked a few times as my eyes adjusted.

Eventually they settled enough to read "Billy" . I felt my face morph into surprise before I opened the message.

Billy

-Hey Percy! I'm Billy if you don't remember me! That kid you helped a while ago. N e ways, I was wondering if you could meet at a cafe like now? I need help with an assignment.

I blinked a few times as I looked down at my outfit.

My fingers moved before I really thought about it.

Where's the cafe?-

-:D
-it's at 2476 Rosalind Ave

I was slightly surprised at the timing. I was nearby.

I clenched my jaw as I looked back at the man in the living room, he'd now deflated, the pool of blood reflecting in the moonlight to display a lovely crimson red.

I sighed. I've been wanting to talk to anyone so I suppose this was the fates giving me an olive branch.

I'm otw-

I walked into the room of the man's house, quickly I picked out some clothes, just a regular button up shirt and a tank top, I also grabbed a pair of sweatpants. Quickly I threw on the outfit before I left through the window.

————————

I nervously pat down my hair for what felt like the hundredth time in the past few steps alone. I looked like I'd just come from a barbecue after stealing my middle aged dads outfit.

I sighed, pushing past my worries as I arrived at the destination. A bright little cafe, its large neon sign illuminating the ever wet surrounding area. I swear Gotham was always like that for no reason whatsoever.

I shook my head as I walked into the restaurant, a woman looked up at me, her dark eyes reminding me heavily of Nico with a startling eerie-ness.

"I'm looking for a group." I mumbled, she nodded before setting her head into her arms to sleep. I looked around the small place, trying to locate the small boy I'd found a few months ago.

"-Ha right! So you invited a stranger! Yeah Billy, really one of your better plans." I turned to the corner, seeing the back of two people's heads, one looking familiar, the other I had no idea.

I walked over slowly.

"Oh hush Freddy. You've never met her so you wouldn't understand."  Oddly enough I felt a small smile rise to my face.