Chapter 55: Present

————— Percy's POV: —————

Good job Orca, now get back quickly, we need to meet up for the final mission of the night." I groaned, the idea of needing to go back made my blood curdle. I'd been on strict order for the past week since the incident, and for the past week my mind has only sat on the fact that I'd been tricked away from my family for 5 years.

Five fucking years.

I admit I'd clenched my hands so hard they'd bleed that night, the bandages still remained on my hands because frankly I continued to do so. It wasn't on purpose, I blame it on the nightmares. They worried about my mental health it seems because I'd woken up with scratches all over me for the past few days as well.

I sighed as I turned away from the dead body, the pool of blood nearly reached my feet but I hadn't allowed it to.

"Didn't expect you to get the kill before me" I turned quickly. Watching as a figure wearing white dropped from the ceiling and landed safely on the ground. She looked up and her silky hair parted.

"Talia." I mumbled, a mixture of guilt and pain flooding my voice.

"Orca." Her voice was cold.

"I-I'm sorry! Really I'm so sorry, I have to protect Damian and you and-" I walked over, my throat closing up as guilt washed over me. She'd taken me in and I'd betrayed her.

She walked towards me slowly, her eyes watching me carefully, examining me. I stopped, taking in a deep breath as I prepared for some form of punch, I would even take a stab. If she killed me, I couldn't blame her honestly.

Instead she pulled me in for a hug, her hand being placed carefully on the back of my head like mom used to do. A tear rolled out of my eye as I wrapped her in a hug. She carefully stroked her fingers through my hair.

"I'm not mad. I know the situation and I'm sorry our faults have put you in this situation. Are you okay?" She asked carefully. I nodded quickly.

"I'm fine." I said. "Except I liked your uniforms better." She chuckled lightly.

"He always did have strange tastes." I nodded again.

We sat in silence as we continued to hug.

"Are you happy there?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I miss..." I didn't finish my thought. Talia always wanted Damian alone, she didn't like the thought of connections. She had told me once that they weighed you down. I was a prime example now.

"Damian?" She finished, I pulled away and looked into her eyes. "Don't worry, he misses you too. He told me about everything, that's why I'm here." A sparkle of hope lit through my system, my tears stopping immediately as I took a step back, pulling myself together.

"Here for what?"

"To help you out. We're gonna kill two birds with one stone. You're going to kill Deathstroke." I paused before nodding.

"What's the plan?"

—————————

I walked into the base lighter then I've felt in months, my steps were silent and proud.

I walked into the brightly lit main room, Deathstroke not looking up to see me. When I leaned against the computer table he finally noticed me.

"Oh, happy after the kill aren't we?" He asked, I could almost see his smirk hiding a bit of disappointment.

"Yeah, I think it really was quite stress relieving." I said proudly, feeling my foot bounce quickly against the ground.

"Good. Keep that energy because we have another mission." I nodded, grabbing Riptide as I began twirling it between my fingers.

"Cool." I replied.

He turned to look at me strange before turning back to the computer.

"Oh, also we have a mission coming up in a week. Expect to be going on an airplane because it's on the other side of the world. Keep the peppy attitude and I might even allow you to get a souvenir ." I smirked.

"Really? How generous." I didn't miss the way his eyes seemed to grow colder. He was angry that I was happy because when I was happy, I was better at fighting.

He grumbled something before standing straight up. "I'll give you more details later." I nodded, pushing myself off the side.

"I look forward to it. You know..." I smirked as I turned back at him. "Maybe this friendship could work after all." He watched me carefully as I turned and began walking for the door.

——————
Sorry for the short chapter but it should be setting up for something larger so be on the lookout!