Evelyn woke up from her alarm clock screeching a loud beeping sound, grabbing it and throwing it against the wall, which didn't make it silence. She groaned in anger and leaned over from the side of her bed, grabbing the clock, slamming her palm against the snooze button. She let it drop to the ground and buried her face in her pillow, groaning. 

She was beginning to go back to sleep until the alarm went off again. She groaned again and sat up in her bed, picking up the fallen alarm clock to look at the time after she shut the alarm off and her eyes went wide in realization.

9:00? SHIT I'M LATE! 

Evelyn quickly shot up out of bed, her dark and messy tangles of massive curls sitting upon her head. She had on a grey t-shirt and black shorts. She looked around her messy room, the walls covered in rock band posters and her floor littered with beer cans, bags of chips and clothes. She walked over to her drawer, looking frantically for clothes. 

Seconds later she was out of her grey t-shirt and shorts and in a shirt that had a red devil on it with little decorations that had the caption in big bold letters, 'Hellfire Club'. She had black ripped jeans to go with it and she was slipping on her cool metal rings. She went towards the exit of her door, grabbing her backpack with a fraying strap on the way out. Evelyn opens her bedroom door, seeing her uncle was out of his room and he was making something that the aroma in the air gave away as bacon. 

"Hey Wayne," she said, walking out of her bedroom and tossing her backpack on the floor. Her uncle looked up and chuckled. 

"You've been wearing that for three days straight,"

"Still smells like fresh clean laundry," 

"It smells absolutely like it needs to be cleaned."

"Exactly," she flashed a grin as her uncle laughed as he turned off the stove, plating some strips of crisp bacon. 

"You are one of a kind, kid," he says, passing her a plate with a few pieces of bacon. She takes it and bites one she picks up in half.

"That's what my teachers say, but with a little more remorse," she says, and she soon finishes up all of the pieces of bacon. "I'll see you tomorrow, knowing you're working at the plant again," she says as a sudden wave of sadness washes over her, but she pushed it away. She always tried to keep her conversations with her uncle nice and short so that she wouldn't miss him as much when he went to work overnight.

Her uncle nodded. "I might come back early, maybe later, you'll know when you see me." 

Evelyn chuckled as she got up, picking up her backpack again and saluting to her Uncle. "I will see you later," she says as she grabs her keys that were sitting on the table. 

"Try not to cause trouble today, Eve," Wayne said as she went to the door. 

"I'll try," she says as she opens the door, it closing behind her as she walked down the steps and walked to her left, where her tan and brown striped van was waiting for her. She walked to the driver's side, opening the door and hopping in, immediately hearing a crinkle as she sat down. She looked at the passenger side and saw wrappers everywhere. 

"Man I really gotta clean up this shit," she said, sweeping it off the seat. She pulled out her keys, putting it in the ignition. She adjusted the mirror and shifted the stick into drive, slowly pulling out and driving to school. 

On the way there, she stopped at a stoplight and tilted the mirror down to check how her face looked since she didn't get the chance to wash her face. "Eh what the hell I look fine," she said as the light turned green and she continued driving, soon arriving at the school, which was full of students pulling in the parking spots and some arriving from the bus. Evelyn ended up parking right near the front entrance. 

This day will be fun, she said sarcastically to herself, pulling her keys out of ignition and unbuckling her seatbelt, climbing out of her van to look at the front of Hawkins High School. She rolled her eyes as someone threw a wadded paper at her head yelling, "Freak!"

"So was your mom last night in my trailer!" she retorted back, grabbing her backpack and slamming the door shut. She walked inside of the school, ignoring people who shoved their shoulders into her and making her way to her lock. On the front of the silver locker there read in messy black marker, the word 'Freak'. 

"Jeez do people have one-word vocabulary these days?" she says as she rolls her eyes and enters the combination, opening her locker. She stuffed her backpack inside after getting her folders out and was about to turn to go to her first period, her least favorite teacher O'Donell when she almost ran into a familiar person.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Geez you're such a bitch, you want to stalk 'freaks like me' now Justina?" she said, holding her fingers in the air to mock her.

Justina rolled her eyes and pushed Evelyn. "You're such a freak,"

"Earful of shit I get every day, now move along with your short ass skirt and call it a day, I'm tired," Evelyn said as she brushed past Justina, which was her day-to-day bully and she went to her classroom, sitting in a chair and propping her feet up on the desk as students slowly came in the class.

Evelyn groaned and leaned her head back, not wanting another school day to happen. She already wanted to strut out of the school and smoke weed like she usually did in the bench the stoners called "The spot." No one went out there and it was her space.

"Fuck whoever created high school," Evelyn muttered as she noticed a familiar strawberry blonde male timidly walking into the classroom with books being held close to his chest. He sat in the back, a few seats away from Evelyn and he looked down, fidgeting with his fingers. 

Should I... snap out of it Eve, he left you for his cheerleader friends or whatever the shit he did. Don't talk to him. 

Evelyn reluctantly turned away from Christopher just as something got passed in her lap when the bell rang, O'Donell walking into the room.

Evelyn sat up, setting her feet down as she looked into her lap, seeing an intricately written form of her name in cursive. She unfolded the note and read it quickly. 

Meet me outside at the spot please...I'd like to ask if I could trade you money for the...goods.

-Chris

Evelyn looked up in surprise to see Chris not staring at her, but his gaze had skittered to hers, and she looked away immediately.

Why would Christopher Cunningham of all people want to make a deal with me? Plus, that's such a nice welcome after so many years, definite sarcasm. He'd better have a good reason.