Chris picked at his lunch, his stomach churning and not feeling like eating anything after Chris made himself throw up the banana he ate that morning. 

"Chrissy, you okay?" Justina asked, sitting over to his left, eating a sandwich from her lunchbox. She had her blonde hair tied up into a ponytail and blue eyeshadow on her eyelids which blinked innocently, looking at her boyfriend with chocolate brown eyes. 

"Yeah, just fine," he said, getting up and dumping the untouched food in the trash, coming back to his seat. Justina and Chris were sitting at a table full of cheerleaders that was to the left of the jock table. 

"Oh my god Patrick looks so hot today," one of the cheerleaders, Olivia imitated fanning herself as she looked over at the jock table, watching a dark-skinned boy with short hair and a letterman jacket on eat a chicken tender. Olivia had light tan skin and dyed red hair that fell over her shoulders, and the back was pulled up into a ponytail.

Another one of the girls, Adrianna rolled her eyes. She had dirty blonde hair that was curly and reached to her back, and she was a little paler than Olivia. "Patrick is okay with looks, but Andy," she pretends to swoon.

"He's your boyfriend, idiot," Olivia said.

"Exactly," Adrianna said, making Justina roll her eyes. Chris wasn't paying attention to the conversation, as his gaze panned over the cafeteria, not focusing and his mind being everywhere at once.

He couldn't stop thinking about the bizarre vision he had seen in the hallways earlier before his first period. It was the first time he heard the deep speaking voice for the first time in physical form. It was the second time that he had heard, seen the clock. The first time it chimed once. Now it chimed twice.

What was the clock secretly trying to tell him? What was going on and why was it happening to him?

"But- as long as you're into band," a loud familiar voice carried across the cafeteria, getting the attention of everyone occupied in it, snapping Chris out of his daze, causing him to look in her direction as the cheerleaders hushed, doing the same. "Or- science," the voice said, continuing to walk across the table. The person became more visible, and Chris recognized it as Evelyn.

"Ugh, what's that freak up to now?" Justina says in total disgust. 

"Jeez does all she wear black? There are so many other colors than just grey and black," Olivia says as she drinks from her water bottle.

"Or a game where YOU TOSS BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETS!" she says, looking in the jock's table direction and cupping her hands around her mouth to amplify her voice.

"Oh my god she's crazy," Olivia said.

"Maybe those drugs are kicking in," another girl, Piper said, taking a long drink from her water bottle. She had red freckles dominating her face and scarlet hair that fell in ringlets to her back. The girls giggled at her comment.

Justina stepped to her feet as she glared at Evelyn. "You want something, freak?"

All Evelyn did was make a devilish gesture, sticking her hands to the sides of her face and widening her eyes, sticking her tongue out. She put her hands down as Justina rolled her eyes. 

"Try me, Princess," she teased at her as Justina muttered under her breath, "Prick," as she sat back down. All Chris could do was stare at Evelyn in mesmerization, as no girl he's ever met has done anything like that in public before, it was like she hadn't cared about the world and just did her own thing. 

"Your boyfriend's eyeing the freak," Olivia said as she ate a few tortilla chips.

"What? No, I'm not," Chris says as he snaps out of it to see Justina staring at him.