Chris fell to the ground, feeling a sharp powerful pain rippling through his right leg as his face twisted in pain as he groaned. The quickly flickering lights then faded, stopping and flickered back to normal.

Chris cried out in pain as he tried to move, his ribs feeling bruised from the fall and his body began to tremble from what he had been seeing. The creature had come for him, and he would have succeeded if it wasn't for the sudden portal that had transferred Chris from the waking nightmare, back to reality. 

Chris felt hot tears roll down his face. The vision had started with his father calling him a fat pig, saying he'll gut him like the boar he was, and his mother's face was terrifyingly stitched up, her eyes and mouth sewed shut and she was screaming muffled sounds. The food set out on the table was rotten and crawling with spiders, and the creature was chasing him. 

Chris lifted his head slightly to see that Evelyn was gone, no trace of her. There was a bag full of white crushed powder that was on the floor. The radio on the ground stopped playing 'Dancing Queen', which was Chris's favorite song, and now it had switched to 'Smooth Criminal'. 

The door suddenly burst open and there was a gasp that sounded like a male, possibly Evelyn's uncle, Wayne. "What in the hell?!" he exclaimed as he rushed to Chris's side, and Chris looked up in his concerned brown eyes. "Kid what the hell happened?!"

"I-I don't k-know," Chris said, his voice thick with emotion. Wayne looked around, seeing as panicked as he was. "Why did she run..." he muttered before he looked around. 

"Okay kid, I need to sit you up so I can see what happened. I'm going to slowly turn you over on your back so I can look at your leg, okay?"

Chris nodded, a small whimper escaping his lips at the mention of moving. He didn't want any more pain now that the fall made the broken bone feel worse. He felt strong hands on his arms. 

"I'm going to turn you over in one...two...three," Wayne said as he slowly turned over Chris, his leg throbbing as he got turned over to face the ceiling. There were small cracks on the ceiling from where his body had slammed against it before he fell. 

"Oh my god," Wayne whispered under his breath, looking at his leg. Chris looked down and almost felt like throwing up. The middle of his leg was broken completely at the middle, and the bone wasn't even showing the fracture. It was like his bone bended, but painfully. "Okay kid, here's what I'm going to do. I would like you to stay down until I can get an ambulance, okay?"

Chris nodded, and Wayne was gone in a blink, muttering heard in the hallway as a voice talked on the other end of the telephone. Chris laid his head back and sighed shakily.

His dad was going to freak out.

~...~

"What the hell do you mean my son's leg is broken?! He can't do cheerleading if you can't damn well fix him!" Chris's father screamed at the doctor who was standing at the door of the hospital room Chris was currently in. Cheerleading, cheerleading, cheerleading was all his father cared about instead of his son's wellbeing.

"Sir, please calm down for the other patients-"

"I am not going to rest until he heals! Do you know how much I pay for this cheerleading thing?!" his father screamed, causing the doctor to flinch but compose himself. 

"While I apologize for the cheerleading, his leg was completely broken. It's going to take a few weeks to heal completely, and you might want to wait a while before he's cheering again. You are free to leave when you wish to," the doctor said, walking out of the room. 

Chris's father pinched the bridge of his nose in anger. His face was beet red, and smoke was practically coming out of his ears. Chris was sitting on the edge of his bed with a small cast that encased his leg. The doctor had painfully snapped it back into place and put him on heavy painkillers and it felt marvelous when they kicked in as they placed the cast on.

"Do you know who did this to you?" Chris's father says, looking at him. Chris tried not to freak out from the flash of memories that he had from the nightmare of the creature. Chris shook his head, not wanting to say any words. 

Chris's father glared at him as he walked over to Chris, and Chris winced, preparing for a blow, but it wouldn't come because they had cameras in the room. "Mrs. Carver had the pleasure of informing me that Justina said you were affiliating yourself with Evelyn Munson, Wayne's niece. You went to their house and she hurt you, didn't she?"

Chris vehemently shook his head, but the nervous jerk of his neck was all the confirmation all his father needed. "Alright then. I'll make sure to put a search out for Evelyn Munson for assault. She'll pay for breaking that leg of yours," 

Chris felt a sudden pit form in his gut. He had accidentally put Evelyn in a spot she would not easily get out of. Chris's father grabbed his crutches and handed them to Chris, who grabbed them to help him steadily stand up. 

"You're coming with me to the Sheriff's office, now let's go," Chris's father said as he held open the door. Chris sent many internal apologies to Evelyn as he used the crutches to limp out the door.