Nancy Wheeler had snuck her way into the crime scene of the perpetrator who claimed to have broken Christopher Cunningham's leg and attacked him by lying to the police and saying she had to babysit. She needed to find out what had happened and why it did, since it was suspicious only Wayne Munson had seen her leave. 

Nancy left Fred in the car and was now making her way over to Wayne, who was smoking a cigarette and looking like he needed a good night's sleep while he sat on a bench. Wayne's tired eyes picked up her walking over, her curly brown hair bobbing behind her as she cleared her throat.

"Mr. Wayne? Hi, I'm Nancy Wheeler and I would like to ask you a few questions, if that's okay," she says as she looks at him with her notebook in hand, pen in the other. 

"I'm not talking to another one of you damn reporters if that's what you're here for, all you're going to do is write some made up crap in the newspaper," Wayne says, looking straight in her eyes with annoyance as he inhaled from the cigarette.

"No sir, I'm not a reporter, I just write for the Hawkins High School paper, and I wouldn't do such thing, all I just want," Nancy says as she walks over, sitting on the bench besides Wayne. "I just want your part of the story,"

Wayne sighs before letting out a puff of smoke. "I know Evelyn didn't hurt that boy, and I'm pretty sure the only reason she was involved with drugs is because she only wants to help pay around here. Working at the plant brings home enough money for food, but not electricity,"

Nancy nods as she scribbles the notes on her paper. "And do you think you know where she ran?"

"Hell if I know, if she wants to hide, she'll hide. I'm pretty sure she overheard the news so there's a good chance she won't be found," Wayne says as she continues scribbling down notes. "Honestly, I've heard my own ear off of bullshit saying that a killer, Victor Creel has returned."

Nancy quirked an eyebrow. "Who's that?"

"He was a young man who ended up killing his entire family. Broke all their limbs and cut out their eyes. They say that Chris got lucky and ran away before anything else happened, but I never saw anyone enter the trailer from outside, so I don't get it,"

Nancy furrowed her eyebrows. This was new information that she had not been aware of, and according to the doctor that had been interviewed by the police, his leg was bent in an unnatural way that he had never seen before. It was becoming stranger by the second, and she needed more information. She nodded at his words. "I understand that. I don't know if this guy would just randomly attack a teenager,"

"I don't know either, and I know Evelyn was spooked after whatever happened. She was screaming curse words and drove off quickly,"

Nancy nodded, writing it all down before she closed her notebook, noticing the bright sun beginning to dip down into the sky, causing the sky to go scarlet and orange. "Thank you for telling me this, this is certainly helpful, but I need to get going and find my partner," she says as she gets off the bench. Wayne just nods and continues smoking. Nancy goes back to the car to find Fred not sitting in the passenger seat.

She looked around, confused as the police kept blocking people out of the trailer park unless they were a member or were leaving, and still investigating the scene. "Fred?" she called out as she looked around, beginning to get worried. 

She looked around, running as far as her heels would let her before finding the same officer again that she had convinced, bringing another bag of drugs out of the house. Nancy ran over and the officer looked at her in confusion. 

"Weren't you saying you were-" he began but got cut off. 

"I can't find my friend, Fred. He's missing," Nancy says as the officer's face shifts from confusion to annoyance. 

"I thought I told you both to go after you were done with your...student,"

"Yeah, but I was about to drive off and he must have wandered off or something!" Nancy says as she looked at him with concern.

The officer sighs and curses. "Just stay here, and we'll try to find him, alright? We'll need to ask a few questions once we find him,"

Nancy nods as she stands there, worrying to death about what was going on. An hour later, she heard the howl of an ambulance siren and several different police cars arriving.