It was lunchtime, and after the lunch period came the pep rally, the rally the school was excited to see, as a special guest was rumored to join the pep rally to help the basketball team win against the Falcons, the basketball team representing Northridge High. 

The lunchroom was filled with talking students, some still getting their lunch, and some were still sitting down.

Evelyn was sitting in her seat at the head of the lunch table, her feet propped up on the lunch table while she nibbled at a pretzel she had gotten from her black metal lunchbox that sat on the table in front of her. It was full of things, little snacks and mostly of an assortment of drugs that she had gotten from her friend, Rick who had went to prison a little while ago from getting caught with drugs in his possession. 

Her mind was still wondering the same question she had been pondering since the second she got the note from the boy with strawberry blonde hair. What the hell does Cunningham want with me? He's gonna be like his girlfriend and snitch on me?

"Ev," Jeff, her friend called, who was now much taller than he was and more built with muscles. She looked over at her friend, snapping out of her apparent daze. 

"What?" she says as she chews.

"You've been staring off into space for the fourth time today. It was in William's class and it's now while we're at lunch. Is something wrong?"

Evelyn shakes her head. "Not at all my little sheep. You know-" she says, flinging her half-eaten pretzel to the side and leaning over to her left side, picking up a magazine from the floor that she had found in her trailer, and found a very interesting she might say part of the magazine that she liked, so she decided to bring it to school.

"What's that?" her friend Gareth asked.

"Something very interesting I found in my trailer boys. Listen to this bunch of horseshit," she said, opening the magazine to the page she wanted, and cleared her throat, beginning to read in a dramatic narrator voice, covering her face with the magazine. "Dungeons and Dragons, as first regarded as a game of make believe, now has parents and both psychologists concerned. Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes to satanic worship," she said as her voice began to rise mockingly, "sodomy, suicide, AND EVEN", she lowers the magazine quickly by slamming it on the table while looking at her friends with her tongue hanging out of her mouth. "Murder!" 

Her friends looked at each other and laugh, making Evelyn grin. "This bunch of shit makes no sense, we just play a fantasy game and people think suddenly we're like what? Devil spawns?"

Her friends chuckle as suddenly two trays are set down on the table and there were two curly haired boys, one dark black haired with the longer curly hair, and the other one had brown curly hair mainly maintained by a cap with the logo 'Thinking Cap' that Evelyn always found weird and annoying. The black haired one was named Mike and the other, Dustin. 

"I mean, society has to blame something, boys," she said, continuing, crossing her arms while her obsidian eyes studied all of her friends. "We're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game," she says, suddenly getting an urge to do something stupid. "But," she says, uncrossing her arms and crawling up on the table, climbing one foot after the next as her friends sat back startled at her actions. 

"As long as you're into band," she says looking at the chosen tables for the groups as she spoke rather loudly for everyone to hear as their attention went towards her as she walked across the table, avoiding stepping in her friend's food trays. "Or- science, or partiesssss," she says sneeringly, scrunching up her nose as a guy in sunglasses and a white jacket stuck up his middle finger at her, and then her attention went to the tables where the cheerleaders and jocks were sitting. "Or a game where you TOSS BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETS!" she cupped her hands around her mouth to amplify her voice while she stood at the edge of the table.