Evelyn looked boringly at the cheerleaders currently in the middle of the gym floor, tossing each other in the air, shaking their pom poms and their tiny skirts, cheering for Hawkins High. Mainly her eyes were on Chris because she refused to look at any of those prissy cheerleaders in her opinion. 

Chris was mainly helping the other cheerleaders be tossed into the air and was cheering, not holding any pom poms at all, and they were all cheering loudly as the band on the other side of the bleachers were playing music as the cheerleaders danced.

"H-A-W-K-I-N-S! Hawkins, Hawkins, we're the best! Who will beat Northridge High? We are the Tigers and we've got the pride!" the girls and Chris cheered. They did a dance routine as the crowd of teenagers clapped along to the band's beat. 

Dustin and Mike were unenthusiastically clapping along as Evelyn scooted a bit to the right as a pale skinned girl with ocean blue eyes and auburn hair in a set of pigtail braids. She had a red jacket and a Walkman at her hip, headphones around her neck.

Her expression had looked like she had just come back from a funeral, and Evelyn was interested in her lack of energy. Dustin and Mike looked in her direction and waved. The girl glanced as them and mustered a small smile and then it went as quickly as it came.

Evelyn looked at the girl. "So you hate pep rally's too? Or someone had a stick up their ass and was bothering you?" 

The girl's lips curled and slightly laughed as she looked at Evelyn. "Not really, pep rallies aren't really my thing," she says as the curls disappeared just as they came.

"Mine either, I look like I just came back from a punk concert and these people look like they came fresh out of a Prince of Bel-Air episode,"

The girl snorts this time, and Evelyn overhears Mike and Dustin arguing and she turn her head towards them. 

"I'm not saying that my girlfriend is better than yours," Dustin says as some students around him cheer. "It's just that Suzie is a certified genius,"

"You do realize El saved the world twice, right?" Mike says as he smugly looks at Dustin. 

Dustin shakes his head smirking as he held up his pointer finger. "And yet, you still have a C in Spanish,"

Evelyn rolled her eyes at the conversation, slightly confused about whoever El was and annoyed on how they were comparing their girlfriends. She leaned her head forward to catch their attention. 

"Hey boys, if we're done measuring dicks here than can we watch this sickening show of a pep rally so I can get the fuck out of here?" Evelyn says, raising an eyebrow. The guys roll their eyes and silence as the redhead snorts again. 

The cheerleaders do a final move, lifting a member in the air and catching her, putting her back on the ground. The crowd cheers and the cheerleaders go towards the bleachers on the other side of the gym to the bottom row of the bleachers across from Evelyn. 

The band played a final note and then silenced as an announcement broke through the silence. 

"And let's hear it for your Tigers!" The crowd cheered loudly as the banner that had been held together by green and white colored balloons were suddenly broke through by the basketball team of Hawkins high school. Leading them out of the banner was the Basketball Captain, Oliver Jackson.

Oliver had light brown hair, tanned skin and chocolate brown eyes. He was one of the most popular people at the school, and one of the most attractive. Evelyn hated him because he was a massive prick in her opinion, and he was the most pompous guy she had ever seen in her life.

He had called her names in the school a few times and Evelyn got suspended for sucker punching him and kicking him in the balls.

Evelyn also saw Lucas Sinclair, a dark-skinned boy with shaved sides of his hair and a poof of hair at the top. He waved to the red headed girl to the left of Evelyn and she looked away from him, causing him to deflate with the energy and he just filed with the other basketballers behind Oliver. Evelyn didn't want to ask.