A seed of something more (2)

Clown watched the crackling fire slowly consume the charred logs sitting within its own flames. There was something theraputic about just watching the wood slowly ebb into nothing but ash and soot.

Right now he was sat inside the circus thinking about the events of that day. How couldn't he? After all, a lot had happened.

Vitalasy may have been the one to start attacking him but he respected his boundaries and had fled the scene due to his broken mask. Well, at least that was what he messaged him on his com after the fight. Some excuse. We all know he really ran away because he was aware of his imminent defeat.

After Vitalasy had vacated the scene, Clown nearly yelped in pain as he tried to stand up out of the crater he was currently in. Cradling his right arm in his left, he examined it. His right arm was broken or at the very best fractured - he suspected that he had landed on it during his fall. That was unlucky - he didn't have anymore Golden apples on him and even then they wouldn't properly heal the bone. No, he'd have to wait until he got home.

He surveyed the rest of the injuries he had received during the battle, both to his armour and to himself. His armour wasn't too badly damaged so that was a bonus. His mask on the other hand, he needed to get that fixed.

Smoke from the explosion wrapped around him, restricting the clean supply of air he had access to. Coughing and spluttering, Clown decided that he wasn't that badly injured, that was until he glanced downwards towards his torso.

A deep read slash of crimson had started to stain the diamond covering his body. He brushed it of, it couldn't be that bad... Right? If he was being totally honest he didn't think his definition of bad would be the same as Branzy's but he would be fine - well at least he hoped so. Besides, the golden apple he ate during the fight had healed most of the damage.

Speaking of Branzy where was his friend? He could have sworn he saw him during the battle. Limping towards where he last saw him, he quickly scanned the faces of the few people who still remained ahead of him.

No Branzy.

Spinning around, Clown couldn't make anything out through the haze - everything looked the same.
"Branzy... where are you," He managed to rasp out weakly.
A moment of silence ensued before a slightly worried voice carried through the wind, "I'll be right there! Don't move."
Where his voice came from he didn't know, but what he did know was that Branzy was going to totally freak out after seeing him.

What was he going to do with that man...

Although he was rather ashamed about it, he had to admit that at first he was only using Branzy (ok but who would deny the chance of free labour?) but now he would say that that had changed. Branzy was his friend, his best friend, albeit he was one of his only friends but still... Their friendship had evolved. He knew he could truly trust and depend on Branzy.

His mind jumped to the mysterious arrows towards the end of the battle.

Who was the archer?

Was he the target?

Was Vitalasy the target?

Was it both of them?

Was Subz the perpetrator?

Clown hadn't seen him during the battle so maybe...

His train of thought was interrupted by a silver haired man who came noisily tumbling out of a nearby bush.

He whipped around as fast as a blade cutting through the air and spotted his friend lying on the ground, twigs and leaves infesting his fluffy hair. "I'm here!" he shouted, wincing at the same time.
"Branzy what?- Branzy what are you doing!? Why were you in a bush? " confusion laced his voice as he watched his friend.