Morning banter (6)

Branzy awoke to the gentle smile of the warm autumn sun. Its rays basking him in hues of gold and rose.

Branzy awoke to the sound of skylarks and thrushes singing in a chorus of melodies. (I'm pretty sure you don't find skylarks and thrushes in snowy places but I'm too lazy to find something that does lol).

Branzy awoke to the warm embrace of Clown Pierce.

All was perfect .

Wait a second...

He was snuggled up against Clown.

Branzy's eyes went wide and he slapped a hand over his mouth as he realised that he had been cuddling Clown last night.

Worst of all Clown wasn't wearing his mask. He had only seen him without it a couple of times.

He quickly tried to scoot away but Clown just grumbled and pulled him in even closer.

Pink dusted his cheeks as he gently tried to shake Clown awake.

With his eyes still shut, Clown started to smirk. THAT IDIOT WAS AWAKE!

"Were you comfortable?" He remarked slightly.

"I- I'm er sorry I er I didn't mean to"

"Don't worry about it Branz I'm just messing with you, you couldn't help it," Clown smiled softly and looked deep in thought.

Branzy couldn't help but gaze at Clown's chocolate brown eyes.

Although he looked really dangerous with his mask on, when he wasn't wearing it, he had a really soft, kind auro to him. He guessed it was kind of like his personality. He may look sinister and threatening but on the inside, Branzy knew that he was extremely kind hearted.

He was always willing to put his friends before his own needs.

He exhaled. This was why he loved him and why he was his best friend.

"Like what you see?" Clown snickered.

Branzy snapped back into reality quicker that a lightning bolt.

"I was just uh, thinking about some random things such as why is bacon called bacon and cookies called cookies if you bake cookies and cook bacon" (had to sry [: )

"Sure."

"You're one to talk, when are you going to let go of me? Next year?"

Clown quickly let go of him and looked away in a bashful manner.

He was so cute.

Not cute he was just nice, a good friend.

He pulled of the covers and climbed out of the bed.

"I'll make breakfast, you go and get ready for today."

"Ok."

After Clown had left the room, Branzy decided to get changed. He pulled on one of his signature purple shirts and matched it with a pair of black denim trousers. (Pants if u must)

He stared at himself in the reflection.

He looked the same. He looked like he always had.

Then why did he feel different?

What had changed?

Why did he feel so giddy?

Why was his heart racing?

This new feeling wasn't necessarily bad, but he did want to know what it was.

However, deep down he knew, that that feeling he had felt was love.

~~~

Ambrosial, savoury, salty: the aroma of sizzling bacon wafted through the temporary shelter.

Clown came bustling through the door with a plate of mouth watering sunny side up fried eggs on a slice of crisp, golden bread topped of with crunchy bacon.

Breakfast was served. Branzy eagerly reached out for the plate and shuffled some of the bacon into his mouth.

A mixture of flavours burst into his mouth. Both sweet and salty mixed together to create the perfect taste of bacon.

(If you can't already tell I love bacon so much lol)

"Clown, I- this is amazing!"

Branzy was mind-blown. How was this breakfast this good.

"Thank you Mr Craft," Clown answered taking a bow.

Branzy giggled slightly, his stomach doing a weird somersault again.

He felt so happy right now.

Little did he know that this happiness would not last forever.

Word count: 643