Journey set in motion (4) (re-edited)

~ Clown ~

"So let me get this straight," he paced up and down the room, "You followed a stranger into a dark alleyway!?"

"Yeah?"

Branzy's response was somehow more of a question than an answer, it was both timid and uncertain. Clown couldn't believe that his friend would do something as stupid as that, in what universe do you intentionally decide to become a human sacrifice?

A sigh escaped Clown's lips, "You're an idiot you know that?"

Branzy just shrugged it of.

"Wait a second... Clown you broke the promise you made to me!" Branzy cried indignantly, "You're supposed to be healing!"

"Well, tell that to the Branzy who Clown didn't help back there... oh wait! He doesn't exist because that creepy
stranger would have killed you!"

"Oh come on, give me more credit!" Branzy scowled and lightly punched his arm before starting to giggle.

"Tell yourself that..." Clown's eyes locked with amethyst ones and his breathe hitched. Branzy was glaring at him but there was a certain softness to the orbs of compassionate purple, a tenderness that was only reserved for Clown Pierce. He could see the miniature skeletal like figure of his reflection in the pinpricks of distorted water that were his pupils. Feeling his cheeks growing hot, Clown decided to break their prolonged eye contact.

"S-So... why did you uh- why did you decide to... take a walk around spawn?"

The corners of Branzy's mouth quirked upwards, "No Idea, but I did find an arrow that that person shot!" There was an almost childish excitement present in his voice, he was like a small boy telling his parents what he had done at school that day. "Oh, and earlier I found a piece of paper that they dropped on the floor!"

"Let's see."

Branzy fumbled into his pocket until his hand withdrawed to reveal a single silver arrow and a small crumpled up piece of paper, both of which he placed in Clowns scarred palm.

Clown first inspected the arrow. "This build doesn't look familiar to me... I don't know anyone who owns arrows like this, let alone anyone with a name beginning with the letter K."

Branzy hummed in agreement before saying, "The paper's even stranger"

The jester unfolded the discarded note, wondering what could be so confusing about a literal piece of paper.

He was wrong. Everything about the rogue scrap in his hands seemed to be screaming uncertainty.

What did any of this mean?

Clown carefully traced the outlines of the paper, his fingers gliding over the serrated edge.

Are those coordiates at the bottom?

He scanned over the numbers yet another time, just to make sure they hadn't changed.

Why were their names on here?

Clown looked up and his eyes locked with Branzy's.

"Branzy, you're telling me that this paper is from that person?" Clown's eyebrows furrowed under his mask.

"Yeah?"

"Why- why are our names on here? What does this person want with us? And are these coordinates at this bottom," Clown's voice wavered with skeptisim and mild concern.

Branzy shuffled slightly, "I'm not sure, I hope it's nothing bad and yes I do think those are coordinates."

A hushed quietness hung in the air before Clown decided to break the silence. "Branzy, what do you say about finding out?"