Fishy Antics (14)

It was 03:00 AM.

Clown Pierce had been lying under the cover of his bed for what felt like hours. The dark had shrouded his room in various hues of blues and greys, blurring his vision. He tossed and he turned as he tried to take slow, regulated breaths but sleep would not welcome him. His legs were restless, his eyes were heavy but his mind was racing. The usefulness of his thoughts had dwindled long ago, his mind was now still churning through the dark, well into the middle of the night.

What did Branzy mean by he felt as if he was replacing him?

He flipped his pillow to the cold side.

Where did he get that idea from?

He stared blankly at the ceiling, the roof above his head seemed so dark that he might aswell have been falling through the void.

Was he missing out on something obvious?

Frustrated, he slammed his fist lightly onto his mattress.

No he didn't think so.

Thoughts flooded through his brain in no particular order, allowing no piece of mind.

Kicking the blanket off of his feet, Clown shot straight up.

He had an idea.

He clambered messily out of his bed and started to pace around his room. It wasn't like he was going to be able to fall asleep anytime soon anyway.

Clown started to mutter to himself under his breath.

Could this idea work out?

~~~

Branzy woke up feeling happy for the first time in a long time. He had a feeling it was going to be a good day.

Sluggishly crawling out of bed, he dragged himself down the hallway. He was instantly hit with the aroma of cooking food.

Breakfast.

He ambled into the kitchen, stifling a yawn. Clown was at the stove stacking pancakes onto two plates. The Jester turned around at the sound of footsteps, "Hey, you're up early..." He smiled softly at his friend, "I made pancakes for us!"

Whether this gesture was intended to make him feel better or not, whether Clown was feeling guilty for something that wasn't his fault, the thoughtfulness of this small act warmed Branzy's heart, made it flutter. He loved pancakes, who didn't like pancakes?

Branzy shuffled past him, pulled out a chair and sat down, "Thanks." He propped his head up onto his hands.

A moment later Clown set down a plate in front of Branzy and took a seat opposite him.

"So I was thinking, " he started, stabbing his fork into one of his pancakes, "maybe we can hang out today, just the two of us and we can do something fun. "

Branzy popped a piece of his breakfast into his mouth and started chewing it absentmindedly. He hadn't properly spent time with clown recently, well at least not whilst being constantly threatened by mysterious snipers and Vitalasy and so on. It couldn't hurt right?

"Sure...when and where?"

Clown paused for a moment.

"How about we go fishing?"

"Ok."

~~~