Reconciliation (13)

Saying he wasn't taken aback would have been a straight out lie. No, Branzy had stepped into a literal palace.

Spiral staircases leading this way and that way, blanketed in a thick, plush carpet, bathed in the same colour as fallen foe's blood. Archways adorned with intricate patterns and details, that some poor, inocent soul spent hours upon end slaving over. Endless Halways decked with storage systems so full to the brim that they choked the walls, leaving no space left to breathe. Tall, slender, skeletal like windows, tinted a dark hue, blocked the outside world from the confines of this palace, keeping the raging storm outside at bay.

Branzy was both mortified and in utter awe at the sheer complextion of these walls that Reddoons called home.

His base seemed to have everything, from mere crafting tables to fully functioning death traps, capable of wiping out entire nations.

"So this is what the inside looks like," many a time had Branzy walked past these walls, completely oblivious to what lay within.

"Yup," he clicked his tongue and pulled put a nearby chair out, "Here, take a seat kid."

Did he trust Reddoons?

No.

But did he sit down anyway?

Absolutely.

"Thanks," he smiled weakly, eyes following the red haired man as he sat opposite him.

The seconds spent sat there seemed to grow into minutes, and those minutes into hours until he had lived out a while entire life within his mind.

Reddoons gazed pointedly at him, fixing him a scrutinizing stare. Branzy started to regret all of his life choices. Why did he have to agree to follow the man in front of him?

A defensive "What? " was all that he could manage to muster, but who could blame him when he was being read inside out.

"You know what, now spill the beans, when did you start liking Clown?"

Stunned. No. Beyond startled was a better way of putting it. How did Reddoons know who he liked?

Chuckling briefly, Red leaned in towards the purple clad man and proceeded to place a calloused hand on the frame of Branzy's chair.

"Let me let you in on a little secret Branzy," the red head muttered almost inaudibly, " The whole server ships you and Clown Peirce together, whether they view you both as enemies or friends."

His amethyst eyes blew wide open, how did he not know this? Did the whole server really ship them?

Redoons paused for a moment almost as if his mind was set deep in thought. He reached a finger out to push his falling glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

It was almost as if he knew what he was thinking for a coy smile crept up onto his face, showing a piece of his  dubious mentality.

"We even have a ship name for you..." He started smugly, "Some of us call you Clownzy, others Branzypierce."

Speechless. Branzy had no words. He chewed the bottom of his lips absentmindedly. People actually thought that he and Clown could be a couple? Did he have a chance?

"I guess..." He trailed off avoiding eye contact with Red at all costs . Twirling a piece of his silvery hair between his fingers he continued, "I realised I liked Clown on the way back home..."

The red head nodded in approval.

"So , what's the problem then? And where did the two of ya go anyway?"