Oh to be a Golden Flower (17)

~ Clown ~

"No, I'm serious. Clown, you should train Branzy."

"Wait Lefu," Clown turned to look at her, "That's actually a good idea, Branzy you up for it?" That was an understatement. it wasn't just a good idea, it was something that Clown should have thought of sooner.

"Yeah sure, I do need to get better." Branzy twiddled his thumbs together. 

A small smile formed under Clown's mask. This was going to be fun. "Great I'll show you some tips to do with sword and bow fighting?" Branzy hummed and nodded in agreement.

"Wait also maybe you guys should also practice some physical fighting," Lefu looked from Clown to Branzy and back to Clown again, "you'll never know when you'll need it and- and the rules would be simple, you would just  need to uh pin the other person to the ground to win? Yeah!" Lefu looked away. She sounded like she was trying to hold back an immanent laughter that was threatening to break free at any given moment and anything else would push her over the edge. "Well while you both practice I'm going to make us somewhere to stay for the night," and with that she sauntered off.

Both men watched her walking away with mild bewilderment before glancing at each other.

"Ready?" Clown murmed, pulling out a sword

"Ready." Branzy did the same.

Clown continued by showing him some techniques, "Ok so now you try."

Hesitantly, uncertainly, tentatively: Branzy held the blade 90° from his body before sending it swinging in front of him just as Clown had previously done. Unfortunately, he had overestimated the amount of power he had thrown into his hurl, and nearly sent the weapon straight through his body.

Being careful to avoid the sharp edge of the sword, Clown spotted the mistake before it developed into an irreparable error and grabbed Branzy's hand to steady the blade before it could ever even reach him. "You've got to control you're movements," still holding onto Branzy's hand he moved it back to wear it started, "or you won't be hurting others," he slowly dragged it through the air to show him the motion, "You'll be hurting yourself."

His hand unclasped from around Branzy's, "Now you try it again on your own."

Branzy performed the movement and this time he didn't nearly kill himself. Hey! That was an improvement right?

"You're getting it!" Clown smiled behind his mask. However, you wouldn't even need to see his face to know that, you could practically hear the excitement course through his voice, "Ok, practice that in your own time and then show me what it's looking like later. Strangely, I really want to try that thing Lefu suggested earlier, so let's do that now!"

"I'm gonna beat you." A lopsided grin tugged at Branzy's lips.

Clown scoffed, "Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try, show me your best Branz."

The silver haired man lurched forwards towards him. Clown, still internally laughing about Branzy's antics, reacted a little too slowly to the lunge. He tried to step out of the way but before he could, he found himself being tackled by Branzy, sending them both tumbling into the grass.

"I did it and it wasn't even that hard!" Branzy sounded almost a little too happy and Clown decided he wasn't going to let him win that easily.

"Ahem... I was going easy on you."

"Oh Yeah?" his voice dripped with sass.