Truths and Lies (11)

⊑⟒ ⟟⌇ ⏃⌰⍙⏃⊬⌇ ⍙⏃⏁☊⊑⟟⋏☌

"I'm perfectly fine why do you ask? "

Branzy knew a thing or two about lying. For instance he lied to vitalisy about betraying Clown, he lied to himself about his feelings, and right now he was lying to his crush.

"It's just... you seem so distant ever since we arrived back home."

Distant. That was putting it mildly. He felt numb, he felt paralysed, he felt... betrayed.

Ever since Clown had met Lefu, he had been ignoring Branzy more and more, paying her more attention than him.

~~~

~ Flashback ~

"And you must be Branzy?"

" Yes."

"Cool," the Ravenette ran a hand through her wavy hair, " Say Clown, do you mind if I see the circus? "

"Why would I mind? Sure, let's go"

Branzy was stunned, as the two of them walked of. Not only was Clown suddenly being so friendly, he was leading that Lefu to their home.

Watching Pitifully, he followed their shrinking figures as they got smaller and smaller and further and further.

The slightest bit of relief to ebb his pain was when Clown turned around to ask Branzy if he was coming.

He slowly trailled behind them, following the sound of their laughter. Watching what could have been him and Clown.

~~~

Ineffable. That was one one way of describing the circus, one way of describing his home, his abode. Imposing, commanding, riveting: the slender silhouette stood before them in lavish grandeur.

The bizarre trio stepped into the embellished environment, adorned with notable decor from both Clown and Branzy.

Broken records hung on the walls as a relic of old times. Weapons as sharp as a tigers tooth, gleaned solemnly in the moonlit circus. Rare artefacts stood on high shelves, serving no other purpose than to collect dust.

"So this is your home?" a resolute voice danced through the room.

"Yeah," Was the meek boy's quiet reply.

Silence.

"Yes," answered Clown's assertive voice in front of him.

Branzy's eyebrows furrowed as he regarded the tall girl in front of him.

He almost felt as if she was ignoring him purposely, true, he was soft spoken but still...

~~~

Fear. When your anxiety reaches it's breaking point.

Metal chains bind you, metal chains restrict you, metal chains keeps you from running away from your emotions.
You try and try as hard as you can to escape but you're stuck. You're trapped, the iron manacles your wrists biting marks into your skin.

You are locked up by your own feelings.

But you can break those chains - destroy them, with a key. The key is the solution, and in Branzy's case that key had to make a choice.

Brany awoke to a damp, cold environment and the sound of running water.

Splash.

The silvery haired boy glanced at his surroundings.

Splash.

He discovered he was in some sort of cell with a raven haired girl.

Splash.

A cold sneer echoed through the room.

Splash.

He spotted his crush.

Clown stood beyond iron bars, letting out muffled cries of grief. Behind him stood the familiar silhouette of Vitalisy forcing him to watch his friends.

"Clown... Peirce..." Vitalisy's cold voice drawled slowly with mallice, "You have to choose, who will you save?"

Bleary eyes, Branzy watched helplessly as the person he loved most was forced to make a decision of loyalties.

"I- I- I don't know, I can't choose"

A sinister smirk gleamed on Vitalisy's face. "Well then, they both die."

"LEFU!" Clown screamed is resignation, " I choose Lefu."

Blood rushed to Branzy 's face, everything went black.

Until it wasn't.

Branzy was staring at his bedroom ceiling, panting in shock, his heart was racing faster than a cheetah.

He felt uncomfortably warm, too warm, a walk is what he needed, yes a walk!

In a blurred hurry, he threw of the outer layers of his blanket, not caring if they ended up on the floor , and was hit with a direct punch to the face by the cool air of his bedroom.

His feet lightly hit the ground as he padded into the corridor. He briefly walked past Clown's bedroom and stopped for a moment before slowly raising a quivering hand to knock on his bedroom door.

However, before he could, a sleepy Clown rasped, "Come in."

Amethyst eyes were flooded with tears as Branzy walked into Clown's bedroom.

Clown took one look at the boy who had just come into his room and immediately shot up.

"Branzy, are you okay? You look like you have been crying... and your shaking so much! Are you cold? Are you sick? Here, come and sit down next to me on my bed," he moved aside to create a space for Branzy and patted the mattress next to him.

"Nightmare," was Branzy's statement that he mumbled out. A simple word that was the cause of all of Branzy 's anguish.

Dragging his limbs, the distressed boy sat down on the soft mattress and was engulfed in a comforting hug.

~~~

"Branzy, I'm not going force you to tell me why you were so upset or try to figure it out. That's your right, and if I were to do that I would be a bad friend, but I wish you would just tell me what has got you so upset..." Clown pinched the bridge of his nose, "Are you sure you're alright?"

" I'm perfectly fine why do you ask? " Branzy's voice faultered and quavered with every word.

"It's just..." Clown's voice trailed of, " You seem so distant ever since we arrived back home. "

Not only was Clown concerned for Branzy, He was downright worried for his friend his... best friend.

Worried brown eyes met glassy amethyst ones.

Caught up about his nightmare, Branzy didn't even realise that Clown wasn't wearing his mask. He had only seen his face about once or twice before - poor Clown felt insecure about what he looked like, it meant a lot that Branzy was privileged to see his face.

"I'm okay, promise." Branzy placed a shaking hand on Clown's seeking warmth.

"Only if you're sure."

" I'm more than sure, I'm certain"

"On a happier note, what do you think about Lifesteal's newest member, Lefu?"

Branzy instantly stiffened and removed his hand from Clown's, Clown's voice rang through his head as a constant reminder of what he had just said.

"I'm thinking about asking her to join us on our little adventure - What do you think?"

"That- that sounds great!" Branzy let out a strangled murmer through a fale smile that he had plastered on his face , "You know, I should really go to bed now with that long trek and all..."

And with that, he sprinted out of the room leaving a bewildered Clown.

Branzy's face twisted into a frown as he left.

What was he getting himself into?

Hey guys please don't forgot to vote!

Love you all xxx

Word Count: 1141