Tricks Of The Mind (16)

~ Branzy ~

Stumbling almost drunkenly, Branzy collapsed onto his bed and fell asleep as soon as head hit his pillow. After that incident, he had promised himself that he would sleep for at least ten days straight and he intended to keep that promise.

Later on, he awoke to the dark interior of Clown's bedroom. Had he been so delirious last night that he couldn't even tell the difference between their rooms? He could have sworn he had gone to his room. Oh well.

Set in the midst of a clutter of pens and paper scattered across Clown's bedside table, Branzy found a cup of hot chocolate and a note from Clown that read:

I hope you're feeling better Branz (:

A smiled twitched at the corners of his mouth as he read the neatly written note. Shortly after, he picked up the mug and downed the warm liquid held within in one gulp. He could feel the hot chocolate travelling down his throat and into his stomach, warning his body from the inside out.

Thanks Clown.

Clown. Just thinking about the jester made his heart somersault. He collapsed back into Clown's bedsheets and breathed in his sent. The smell of comfort. Somehow, he felt as if he belonged there.

Maybe he did.

Maybe it was time for him to confess his feelings.

What if it ruined their friendship?

He gulped, no going back. It was now or never.

He sprinted down the hallway to see Clown. A soft rose coloured hue was illuminating him from somewhere, pink light bouncing of his porcelain mask. His mask, of course his mask! It was what made him look as threatening as did, he was beautiful, utterly stunning, such boyfriend material might he add.

"Clown!" he shouted across the hallway, "I have something I need to admit." Confusion plagued Clown's chocolate brown eyes. His eyebrows were scrunched with worry and concern as he stopped whatever he was previously doing to look at the other. 'No going back now it's now or never,' the voice echoed in his head.

Inhaling slowly Branzy continued, no tremble in his speech, no clue what he was getting himself into, no certain outcome at hand, only projecting a facade of confidence, "Clown Pierce, I've fallen madly in love with you."

The world seemed to come to a standstill as those nine words rolled off of Branzy tongue, and then someone seemed to press the times two speed button for the next thing Branzy knew, Clown was closing the already narrow gap between them.

Their lips collided together. Branzy's eyes fluttered closed as he leaned in to deepen the kiss. Clown reached out a hand and threaded it though the other's silvery hair. Branzy pulled him in closer as they continued to lock lips. They only stopped briefly due to the lack of air before they continued to lock lips.

Eventually Branzy pulled away. That kiss was amazing! Even better than he had ever fantasised about. Did this mean that Clown liked him back?

He opened his eyes, still feeling giddy from the kiss, he wanted to look at Clown's beautiful face.

Branzy started to scream.

Who he saw in front of him was not Clown, it was Kevin pointing that cursed crossbow loaded with fireworks yet again.

"Come here Branzy," he smirked, his deranged smirk flashing at Branzy from across the room.

He found himself trapped in that wretched corner again, the stone walls closing in on him, in every direction he looked.